Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Does anyone here has experience taking DIM or Estroblock for acne?
I'm taking it for about a month now and it has only gotten worse on my face.
The strange thing is that my back totally cleared up after 1 week of taking DIM.


I am getting kinda desperate since school starts in  a month and I can't imagine that my skin gets totally clear within that short amount of time. :\ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I fell for the hype and bought it a couple of years ago, it's useless. Acne is caused by androgens not estrogens.
Are you taking any other supplements? I highly recommend Zinc, NAC, and Matcha Green Tea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, veganbat94 said:

I fell for the hype and bought it a couple of years ago, it's useless. Acne is caused by androgens not estrogens.
Are you taking any other supplements? I highly recommend Zinc, NAC, and Matcha Green Tea.

I did take Zinc for long time, but I don't feel like it made any difference. Maybe I can give it another shot. 
Now I'm just taking probiotics and vitamin C along with DIM.

I'm seriously considering to take a birth control pill though, despite the side effects and everything. I'm just so sick of constantly living my life with acne. (just so you know: it's severe cystic acne that i've had for the past 7 years and i've tried A LOT of things, it got waaaay better a few years ago while I was on antibiotics and birth control) 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah androgens are the worst i just started taking saw palmetto and dchiro inositol hoping for the best still early days. I dont want to go back to the pill either made me feel gross

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2016 at 0:57 PM, ChillySunny said:
I did take Zinc for long time, but I don't feel like it made any difference. Maybe I can give it another shot. 
Now I'm just taking probiotics and vitamin C along with DIM.

I'm seriously considering to take a birth control pill though, despite the side effects and everything. I'm just so sick of constantly living my life with acne. (just so you know: it's severe cystic acne that i've had for the past 7 years and i've tried A LOT of things, it got waaaay better a few years ago while I was on antibiotics and birth control) 
what birth control have you tried?
9 hours ago, banban said:

Yeah androgens are the worst i just started taking saw palmetto and dchiro inositol hoping for the best still early days. I dont want to go back to the pill either made me feel gross

which pill was it? I've tried many, but yaz and orthocyclen I've felt best on and helped my skin.
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snarkygirl said:
what birth control have you tried?
I took the Diane 35 for 6 months or so, but I got extreme headache, and I didn't feel well in general, so I switched to the Yasmin.
From what I remember they both helped at the time, but I felt like I was destroying my body.
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ChillySunny said:
I took the Diane 35 for 6 months or so, but I got extreme headache, and I didn't feel well in general, so I switched to the Yasmin.
From what I remember they both helped at the time, but I felt like I was destroying my body.
thats normal. I'm one of the weirdos who feels better on birth control.
Orthocyclen didn't give me any side effects( that's just me) but Yaz made my boobs swell, my libido lower and I hardly ever have a period. These don't really bother me though
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, snarkygirl said:
thats normal. I'm one of the weirdos who feels better on birth control.
Orthocyclen didn't give me any side effects( that's just me) but Yaz made my boobs swell, my libido lower and I hardly ever have a period. These don't really bother me though
the pill made me chubby and slow. Did absolutely nothing for acne and was still oily as ever. Plus after having my first child i don't wanna go through that process again of going off it and then the hormones go crazy etc etc its such a hassle. Ive tried diane and yasmin i think estelle or something too.. i forgot what theyre called bt yeah never felt right. Now at least im lighter bt sucks i gotta deal with the acne
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banban said:
On 8/1/2016 at 3:08 PM, snarkygirl said:
thats normal. I'm one of the weirdos who feels better on birth control.
Orthocyclen didn't give me any side effects( that's just me) but Yaz made my boobs swell, my libido lower and I hardly ever have a period. These don't really bother me though
the pill made me chubby and slow. Did absolutely nothing for acne and was still oily as ever. Plus after having my first child i don't wanna go through that process again of going off it and then the hormones go crazy etc etc its such a hassle. Ive tried diane and yasmin i think estelle or something too.. i forgot what theyre called bt yeah never felt right. Now at least im lighter bt sucks i gotta deal with the acne
hormones suck don't they?
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1-8-2016 at 7:54 AM, banban said:

Yeah androgens are the worst i just started taking saw palmetto and dchiro inositol hoping for the best still early days. I dont want to go back to the pill either made me feel gross

Have you already noticed some changes in your skin? I'm considering saw palmetto as well.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChillySunny said:
On 01/08/2016 at 1:54 PM, banban said:

Yeah androgens are the worst i just started taking saw palmetto and dchiro inositol hoping for the best still early days. I dont want to go back to the pill either made me feel gross

Have you already noticed some changes in your skin? I'm considering saw palmetto as well.
honestly its still early days my face has js recently settled down from my last outburst which lasted a month, at the moment everything seems to be flat at least but i wouldn't say it's the saw palmetto maybe my hormones are settling. Still waiting on my period atm my cycles are like 40 to 50 days 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I'm still on DIM, even though I feel like it's making my acne worse, I want to check for the full 2 months to see if it's going to work or not.
Since yesterday I'm also taking psyllium husk everyday to help with my digestion and hopefully blood sugar. I'm also on homeopathic therapy and he said (with confidence) that my acne will  clear up in about two weeks from now. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!! 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6-8-2016 at 4:01 PM, snarkygirl said:

I just wanna throw this out that, are you all taking zinc?

I started taking zinc again today. Turns out that the regular dose that I took was way too low, maybe that explains why it wasn't working. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×