Notifications
Clear all

ANTIBIOTICS FOR ACNE?

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 07/27/2016 4:57 am

CAN USING TOPICAL ANTIBIOTICS LIKE CLINDAMYCIN FOR 2-3 WEEKS BE OK?
I MEAN WILL P.ACNES GET RESISTANCE TO IT IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS?
I AM SORRY IF ITS A STUPID QUESTION BUT HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE P.ACNES TO BECOME RESISTANT TO TOPICAL ANTIBIOTICS...
ACTUALLY I'VE READ MANY REVIEWS OF CLINDAMYCIN WHERE PPL GET DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF ACNE THEY USED TO HAVE AFTER USING ANTIBIOTICS..... I DONT WANT TO SUFFER WHOLE MY LIFE AFTER GETTING CLEAR SKIN FOR JUST 2-3 MONTHS...
ALSO, I ALWAYS BLVD IN HOME REMEDIES AND NEVER ON THESE CHEMICALS SO I AM QUITE AFRAID OF USING THIS...
BTW MY PROBLEM IS CLOGGED PORES AND FEW PUSTULES AFTER THE CLOGGED PORES GET INFLAMED....
PLZ HELPPPP!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@angelinna)

Posted : 07/28/2016 10:26 pm

When I used clindamycin several years ago, it was amazing, got rid of my existing acne quickly and prevented acne from forming for many months. Eventually I got a bad rash on my face and had to stop using it. I probably developed some of kind allergy, I'm guessing due to the parabens. When I tried to use it again later, it didn't work anymore :( For clogged pores, you need to exfoliate using alpha and beta hydroxy acids. I would not recommend retinoids, especially Retin A (generic tretinoin), I got horrible cystic acne and scars because of it. For acne I think the best medication is azelaic acid (it's available over the counter in some countries). You need to use it twice a day for at least 6 months to get clear skin. 

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 08/01/2016 4:12 am

On 7/29/2016 at 8:56 AM, Angelinna said:

When I used clindamycin several years ago, it was amazing, got rid of my existing acne quickly and prevented acne from forming for many months. Eventually I got a bad rash on my face and had to stop using it. I probably developed some of kind allergy, I'm guessing due to the parabens. When I tried to use it again later, it didn't work anymore :( For clogged pores, you need to exfoliate using alpha and beta hydroxy acids. I would not recommend retinoids, especially Retin A (generic tretinoin), I got horrible cystic acne and scars because of it. For acne I think the best medication is azelaic acid (it's available over the counter in some countries). You need to use it twice a day for at least 6 months to get clear skin. 

thanks..

MemberMember
(@daniperuci)

Posted : 08/23/2016 8:15 pm

3 weeks propably won't cause the acne to become resistant to the antibiotic. It normally occurs on oral form (pills)