Notifications
Clear all

Can humid weather help with acne

MemberMember
(@mikkel)

Posted : 07/27/2016 1:25 am

So ive been back about a week And from being out of the country. I was in korea, while i was there my acne started to really go away.

But the day after i got back i literally had chaos. I was down to almost no pimples on my face but the day after getting back from my trip i woke up with my face all broke up.

Changes that have really happened is mostly climate,food, and i changed the cleansing product i used because i couldnt find the same one i was using before. climate is mostly humidity because the humidity is way higher in korea compared to utah(74% in korea, 17% in utah). Food is fairly healthier in korea and i dont think it would be the new product because i started using it the day after i broke out.

My question is can being in humid weather(korea) make youre acne go away? Ive read that my skin might actually be dry so i need to use more light products to wash my face. What can i do if that is actually the case?

P.s. i didnt have any acns on my forehead before i left and whild i was there but now it seens like i have acne all over my forehead too

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/27/2016 9:13 am

A sudden change in climate and diet can certainly affect your skin. That's the reason why a lot of people experience breakouts when they move. I think it's the change that's affecting your skin rather than the climate itself. I would do some online research on climate change and acne - you will probably find a lot of people who have faced similar situations and can provide advice!

I'm no expert on the topic by any means, but I would assume that going to a much dryer climate would, as you've said, make your skin more dry (or more specifically, dehydrated). It's only been a week, so it's likely your skin is still adjusting to the change. It could easily pass on it's own, but if you get worried then look into using "hydrating" products - their purpose is to increase your skin's water content and help it retain moisture.

Mikkel liked
MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/27/2016 4:22 pm

Ugh not for me. Humidity makes my skin worse, the oil just lies on my face and doesn't evaporate. Plus humid weather gives me migraines. I do best in cool not cold, dry weather.
Perhaps the change is because of what you were or were not easeasting or less stress or even less chemicals in the shower water.

14 hours ago, Mikkel said:

So ive been back about a week And from being out of the country. I was in korea, while i was there my acne started to really go away.

But the day after i got back i literally had chaos. I was down to almost no pimples on my face but the day after getting back from my trip i woke up with my face all broke up.

Changes that have really happened is mostly climate,food, and i changed the cleansing product i used because i couldnt find the same one i was using before. climate is mostly humidity because the humidity is way higher in korea compared to utah(74% in korea, 17% in utah). Food is fairly healthier in korea and i dont think it would be the new product because i started using it the day after i broke out.

My question is can being in humid weather(korea) make youre acne go away? Ive read that my skin might actually be dry so i need to use more light products to wash my face. What can i do if that is actually the case?

P.s. i didnt have any acns on my forehead before i left and whild i was there but now it seens like i have acne all over my forehead too

try facial steaming or a humidifier in your room to see if it helps.

Mikkel liked
MemberMember
(@mikkel)

Posted : 07/27/2016 7:31 pm

10 hours ago, kelbell812 said:

A sudden change in climate and diet can certainly affect your skin. That's the reason why a lot of people experience breakouts when they move. I think it's the change that's affecting your skin rather than the climate itself. I would do some online research on climate change and acne - you will probably find a lot of people who have faced similar situations and can provide advice!

I'm no expert on the topic by any means, but I would assume that going to a much dryer climate would, as you've said, make your skin more dry (or more specifically, dehydrated). It's only been a week, so it's likely your skin is still adjusting to the change. It could easily pass on it's own, but if you get worried then look into using "hydrating" products - their purpose is to increase your skin's water content and help it retain moisture.

3 hours ago, snarkygirl said:

Ugh not for me. Humidity makes my skin worse, the oil just lies on my face and doesn't evaporate. Plus humid weather gives me migraines. I do best in cool not cold, dry weather.
Perhaps the change is because of what you were or were not easeasting or less stress or even less chemicals in the shower water.

try facial steaming or a humidifier in your room to see if it helps.

Thank you for the advice. I will make sure to go buy a humidifier and look into some other products

MemberMember
(@rosaceasingapore)

Posted : 07/28/2016 3:05 am

If it's humid and warm (in a tropical country), i find that it tends to make acne worse. You sweat all day and your sweat can't evaporate, causing more oil to build on the skin. If it is cooling and humid, I think it does help with skin as the air is not drying your skin out.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 07/28/2016 4:22 am

For me personally humidity breaks me out pretty badly. The mix of sweat, dead skin and bacteria all day long just does not work for me.

It could also quite possibly have been the healthier food you were eating too, has your diet changed so drastically since returning? Also did you experience a lot of sun exposure than normal?