Notifications
Clear all

Starting suction right after subcision?

MemberMember
(@equippedjar)

Posted : 07/13/2016 7:23 am

I read in the suction-subcision study that suctioning started on the third day, but it doesn't explain why it wasn't started earlier. I'm thinking the first two days in which the scars are not suctioned give room for the scars to tether down again, however negligible. So I thought I might suction right after subcision rather than wait two days. If you have done subcision in the past, would you say this is advisable? Any reasons to avoid doing this? I will ask my doctor as well, but I feel like their answers are not much more educated than the average scar patient.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/13/2016 10:17 am

You could try. I started the 2nd day. Note it hurts like a bitch because it very sore and swollen. Where is your scarring located?

How many days are you taking off?

You should take some pictures :)

MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 07/13/2016 10:55 am

I started the next day with no issues. I actually tried to start the first night, but ended up sucking blood out of the holes as the scabs got suctioned off, so I stopped that right away.

MemberMember
(@equippedjar)

Posted : 07/13/2016 5:54 pm

7 hours ago, Robertitoo said:

You could try. I started the 2nd day. Note it hurts like a bitch because it very sore and swollen. Where is your scarring located?

How many days are you taking off?

You should take some pictures :)

Cheeks. They are not very deep but I have a lot of them. I don't really care about the pain, just want the best results I can get, haha. I'm taking about a week off, but I don't really care if people see bruises.

By the way, I think you once said that you believe 100% improvement may be possible with subcision. I don't mean to put words in your mouth if I'm wrong. Anyway, if you did, do you still believe that? I feel like if I get rid of the mild rolling scars I have I'll be pretty happy with my skin..