Makeup + Acne Regim...

Notifications
Clear all

Makeup + Acne Regimen?

MemberMember
(@matchlessraft)

Posted : 07/13/2016 12:44 am

I just got all of my products for the Acne Regimen in the mail today. Before I start using them, I must admit that I am very self conscious and my job expects me to look presentable on a daily basis (meaning, I wish to still wear makeup). Is it okay to wear makeup throughout the day after doing the treatment in the morning? The last thing I want to do is inflame my skin or keep the regimen from working.

P.S. I have mild breakouts right now, I have more clogged pores (whiteheads/blackheads) and some hyperpigmentation/scarring from previous breakouts.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 07/13/2016 9:50 am

You can still wear make-up (I did when I started the regimen). However, be very light handed when applying, and also know your skin will be very sensitive and dry so make-up sometimes won't look and feel right on your skin.

I recommend just using a very light/watery foundation or tinted moisturizer. Anything heavier than that will be hard to apply. At least for me it was. Eventually when your skin gets used to the regimen you will be able to use makeup more freely.

That is just my experience, the Acne.org regimen does discourage your from using make-up when starting because it does irritate your skin more but that is totally up to you.

MemberMember
(@strangelady)

Posted : 10/04/2016 6:20 pm

When I started the regamin, I really tried to wear makeup, but my skin was just not having it.
My foundation would sorta ball up, and stick to all of the dry patches. So, I would personally reccomend not wearing it, but if you want to(which I 100% understand) I would say to wear powder and thats it.
That might sound stupid, but I think that it looks better becase it dosent stick to dry patches and make it as noticable.
For powder I would reccomend the little e.l.f compacts. They are about 2 dollars, and cover well.