Notifications
Clear all

Computer screen causing acne?

MemberMember
(@willo03)

Posted : 07/12/2016 1:40 pm

Hi, I just turned 15 and I've been suffering from lots of acne for about 2 years now, it has changed my life quite a bit, I started going out less, talking to my friends less, apart from my best friend and I've gotten really tired of it. I always thought (and still think) that I will just grow out of it, but so far, no good. I've tried tons of products, and never had big results, until not long ago, I went on a road trip with my dad, and I had quite a different routine there, I washed my face no less twice a day and apply the a cream after washing it, and after those 2 weeks I started noticing a difference, especially on the forehead, the acne wasn't as red anymore and it wasn't as "mass grouped", it was only a few pimples, which made me so happy, but once I came back, I kept on following the same routine, but to no luck, it seems like it has started to come back again... I don't know what change I made, so I started thinking and the only 2 changes I could think of was sleep and computer time. Which one could it be? How to checK? I was thinking it could be something to do with my sleep as I sleep in a different bed than on the road trip, and i also go to sleep much later, but also sleep much longer (go to sleep at around 00:30, wake up at around ~12:00), and the second idea I had was the computer idea, which I really don't want to be true, I read up online that some people had acne causes from their computers, that they sit on the computer for around as long as me (~6-8h a day) and that caused the acne for them, now I don't want this to be true, cause every career I want to go for requires sitting on the computer (game/web developer/designer/etc..) and even if this is the cause, is there a method to reduce it? applying some sort of cream or perhaps some kind of monitor?(fyi, my compter case is put on the desk around 0.8m away from me incase that could be the cause too).

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 07/12/2016 6:55 pm

5 hours ago, Willo03 said:

Hi, I just turned 15 and I've been suffering from lots of acne for about 2 years now, it has changed my life quite a bit, I started going out less, talking to my friends less, apart from my best friend and I've gotten really tired of it. I always thought (and still think) that I will just grow out of it, but so far, no good. I've tried tons of products, and never had big results, until not long ago, I went on a road trip with my dad, and I had quite a different routine there, I washed my face no less twice a day and apply the a cream after washing it, and after those 2 weeks I started noticing a difference, especially on the forehead, the acne wasn't as red anymore and it wasn't as "mass grouped", it was only a few pimples, which made me so happy, but once I came back, I kept on following the same routine, but to no luck, it seems like it has started to come back again... I don't know what change I made, so I started thinking and the only 2 changes I could think of was sleep and computer time. Which one could it be? How to checK? I was thinking it could be something to do with my sleep as I sleep in a different bed than on the road trip, and i also go to sleep much later, but also sleep much longer (go to sleep at around 00:30, wake up at around ~12:00), and the second idea I had was the computer idea, which I really don't want to be true, I read up online that some people had acne causes from their computers, that they sit on the computer for around as long as me (~6-8h a day) and that caused the acne for them, now I don't want this to be true, cause every career I want to go for requires sitting on the computer (game/web developer/designer/etc..) and even if this is the cause, is there a method to reduce it? applying some sort of cream or perhaps some kind of monitor?(fyi, my compter case is put on the desk around 0.8m away from me incase that could be the cause too).

How often do you wash your pillowcases at home?

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 07/12/2016 8:15 pm

Sitting for long periods of time cuts the circulation off to all your organs and any muscles below the hip bones. This lack of oxygenated blood supply does not allow the body to heal at its best capacity. Gently walking, squatting , or laying down is great, but if you're sitting with your back supportedyou are doing a diservice to your body. Get a yoga ball chair that holds the yoga ball in place, but still requires you to activate your muscles blow the hips; thus oxygenating the blood supply.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/13/2016 9:15 am

To be honest, it's likely not the computer, otherwise everyone in an office job/computer-related job would be doomed!

It's more likely that on the road trip you were spending time outside in the fresh air, doing fun things to keep you preoccupied and enjoying yourself rather than sitting around thinking about your skin. The amount we obsess over our skin can have a significant impact on it. I'm not saying that totally ignoring your skin is going to be a miracle cure, but it can help to some extent when you are not worrying about it all the time.

MemberMember
(@blob_cakes)

Posted : 07/13/2016 12:08 pm

Yeah it's not the computer.

Maybe on your road trip, you were exposed to the sun more?
If it was super hot? cold? etc. These factors do play an important role due to sweating, dry skin and stuff.

You should try sleeping and waking up earlier just to see if there's any difference (if you think that could be a cause).

MemberMember
(@willo03)

Posted : 07/15/2016 2:03 pm

Sorry for not answering sooner, didn't expect replies lol.

On 2016-07-13 at 2:55 AM, Kari1987 said:
How often do you wash your pillowcases at home?

Around once a week

On 2016-07-13 at 4:15 AM, WelcomeSmirk said:

Sitting for long periods of time cuts the circulation off to all your organs and any muscles below the hip bones. This lack of oxygenated blood supply does not allow the body to heal at its best capacity. Gently walking, squatting , or laying down is great, but if you're sitting with your back supportedyou are doing a diservice to your body. Get a yoga ball chair that holds the yoga ball in place, but still requires you to activate your muscles blow the hips; thus oxygenating the blood supply.

Since 2016 I haven't been sitting on a desk chair, as I started to sit on a couch since I got ill once, something like this ( ) Recently I've been going out a lot due to pokemon go. (Before it was only walking downstairs to eat/help people out or school and walking my dog)

On 2016-07-13 at 5:15 PM, kelbell812 said:

To be honest, it's likely not the computer, otherwise everyone in an office job/computer-related job would be doomed!

It's more likely that on the road trip you were spending time outside in the fresh air, doing fun things to keep you preoccupied and enjoying yourself rather than sitting around thinking about your skin. The amount we obsess over our skin can have a significant impact on it. I'm not saying that totally ignoring your skin is going to be a miracle cure, but it can help to some extent when you are not worrying about it all the time.

Yes, recently I've haven't been thinking about it since I'm not meeting friends irl or anything, just driving my bike a lot for pokemon go.

On 2016-07-13 at 8:08 PM, blob_cakes said:

Yeah it's not the computer.

Maybe on your road trip, you were exposed to the sun more?
If it was super hot? cold? etc. These factors do play an important role due to sweating, dry skin and stuff.

You should try sleeping and waking up earlier just to see if there's any difference (if you think that could be a cause).

I think there was only one day it was super hot, there were a few days of rain and mostly it was just sunny and warm.
I'm going to try to make my sefl go to sleep/wake up earlier, but so far cause of my computer buddies being from the USA they only come online when it's already 23:00 here, and they make me forget what time it is cause of the fun

MemberMember
(@n3h)

Posted : 07/16/2016 5:39 pm

On 7/13/2016 at 9:15 AM, kelbell812 said:

Not worrying about it must be some kind of cure. I used to have few acne breakouts and I would always want to pop them and would always be stressing about it. Then I just stopped caring cause I though well ill just have to live with it I feel like that acne treatment and all the chemicals u put on ur face just made it worse so I stopped taking them or puting anything on my face all together. Only time my face would get washed would be when i take a shower.