Notifications
Clear all

Daily/Weekly Acne Log - Update 3

MemberMember
(@bedeliaamelia)

Posted : 07/10/2016 2:40 pm

Update 3!

Today has been a little meh. I get discouraged very, very easily. I occasionally get days where I cant seem to take my mind off of my acne and how it looks and how bad it is compared to others faces. This is usually when I turn into a product junkie and I try every product I can get my hands on in a very short amount of time, which usually results in my face becoming irritated and inflamed and it does nothing to help. So Im trying to refrain from doing that.

On my self-conscious days I also start to doubt my regimen. I forget that it does take time, a lot of time, for a newer regimen to begin showing effects and benefits, and thats when I begin searching for new products a mere 2 days after my regimen changed. So thats my other goal today: remember that this takes time.

I am beginning to dislike my new moisturizer, though. It feels very oily and sticky on my face and while it is light, it looks and feels greasy. Even when I use the smallest amount, it doesnt really help. It does, however, moisturize quite well. Im worried about it breaking me out, though, as it hasnt really received the greatest glowing reviews and it has no oil control. Granted, it has only been a day since Ive started using it.

My cleanser and toner dont dry me out and my skin is left feeling moisturized but not overly oily, even without the moisturizer, so I might try using just my cleanser and toner without the moisturizer for a little while and see how it goes. If it doesnt work out then I will go back to my previous moisturizer as I know it doesnt overly cause breakouts, its just extremely thick. Im just concerned about this new moisturizer and I dont really want to take any risks if I have a not great feeling about it.

Im also thinking about cutting milk of magnesia from my daily routine for a while to see how my face reacts. My face doesnt get overly oily anymore, and thats really all it does for me: it makes me less shiny. It hasnt hurt or helped my face since Ive started using it, so Ill cut it and see how it goes.

Other than that, my face is doing alright today. No new pimples or cysts, just a lot of scars and zits that are on their very last leg, so same as yesterday. I wish it didnt take so long for products to work! All of us would have it a lot easier if that were the case.

Ill update again when my skin shows noticeable changes, and Ill add some pictures next time too. Im thinking I will start doing these only once a week so I will have more to say, instead of once every day. Have a lovely day/afternoon/night! Next update will probably be next Sunday.

-Amelia