Notifications
Clear all

Feel like giving up...

MemberMember
(@orrykaplan)

Posted : 07/08/2016 2:24 pm

Hello,

i am in desperate need for help!
Ive been using so many over the counter products, hundreds of pounds worth!, I've tried all these natural "solutions" and even stuff like proactiv and crappy solutions from a doctor/dermo. My question is I'm really getting annoyed with getting a new zit every day. I'm a male aged 19 and I've tried everything from diet to shaving my beard and trying all the products with and without and beard and even short hair! I am really stuck on what to do because I'm loosing all confidence and hope! Please anyone???

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/10/2016 6:39 pm

What have you tried from the derm? There are a lot of different treatments. And have you waited out each treatment long enough to see if it actually works (usually 3-4 months)? If nothing has worked then I would say talk to your doc about accutane.

MemberMember
(@littlebrownbird)

Posted : 07/11/2016 3:02 am

Please don't give up. May I suggest you get a referral to a dermatologist. Talk with them about options including insotretinoin. I've had a course and it really works. I'd underestimated how much confidence I'd lost due to acne and regret not asking for help sooner.

All the best with whatever you choose to do :)