Notifications
Clear all

Scar exicision gone wrong

MemberMember
(@scarface2016)

Posted : 07/03/2016 10:12 pm

My scar revision/excision failed and I'm permanently disfigured. life is a nightmare. Doctor did a geometric/z plasty and told me it would be a fine line. Is there any hope? Please advise. I don't leave my house. I got fired from my job. Hell is better than my life. I am seriously considering suicide.

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@scarface65567)

Posted : 07/04/2016 12:03 am

dude please relax..if that's the only thing that's wrong on your face it really isn't bad. seriously man, trust me, it don't look bad. I'm not sure what you could do to improve it as I'm not an expert on this type of stuff but really relax man.id take that on my face over acne scarring all over the face anyday..

PS, nice name lol(:

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 07/04/2016 12:08 am

Looks like the scar is still pretty new. What did your doctor say about it?

Im no expert and I dont have any experience treating a scar like that, but vbeam laser might be a good option to get the redness out. I think that might make it look less "vicious".

PCT14 liked
MemberMember
(@scarface2016)

Posted : 07/04/2016 12:42 am

Doctor didn't tell me anything helpful. Said it looks better than before. But this is not true. read that mechanical dermabrasion or fraxel laser might help. But can't find a doctor that will do these procedures. Thoughts? I'm desperate!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/04/2016 1:50 am

Deleted

Yola4, QuanHenry, ScarFace6556 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 07/04/2016 3:29 am

3 hours ago, Scarface65567 said:

dude please relax..if that's the only thing that's wrong on your face it really isn't bad. seriously man, trust me, it don't look bad. I'm not sure what you could do to improve it as I'm not an expert on this type of stuff but really relax man.id take that on my face over acne scarring all over the face anyday..

PS, nice name lol(:

Why are you so quick to dismiss his concernes, when your acne scars are minor? After all the drama you've put out now you're telling this guy to relax? You threatened suicide over a few scars that no one can even see clearly, and you are dismissing this guy's concerns?

MemberMember
(@scarface65567)

Posted : 07/04/2016 4:22 am

52 minutes ago, blahblah82 said:
Why are you so quick to dismiss his concernes, when your acne scars are minor? After all the drama you've put out now you're telling this guy to relax? You threatened suicide over a few scars that no one can even see clearly, and you are dismissing this guy's concerns?

youre right. I'm just trying to tell him it isn't that bad. even me, threatening suicide, ive come to realize there is more to life than normal looking skin. I will never get over it, as everytime I go out in public I wonder how why etc but ive thought about it less and less and been going out more and more. also blahblah I really could use your advice on something if you could pm me thanks

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 07/04/2016 6:53 am

When was the excision performed and do you have a picture of the original scar before surgery? Collagen formation is unfortunately a slow process and can take up to 12 months so take solace in knowing it will look better. If it's hypertrophic in areas, silicone sheets can help level the scar, massage can also help by breaking up and softening the scar.
For the atrophy, needling might be worth looking into although I would wait at least a year post excision.

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 07/04/2016 7:25 am

another day another life ruined by a money grabbing derm

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 07/04/2016 7:55 am

I wouldn't jump into conclusions about the derm, complications like these tend to happen and it's shit when they do. We all know (or should know) the consequences of scar treatment like laser for instance. It can go both ways and that's why I won't spend $$$ on anything that could mess up my skin even more.

That said I think you should have him fix it

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/04/2016 1:38 pm

I'm really sorry that you are going through this. I also had a failed scar exicision. One of the doctors that I consulted with tried to tell me that a w plasty would be best for my scar, and in theory it sounds like it could make a scar less visible. W plasty/geometric/z plasties are all over the scar revision academic literature, but I have yet to see this method used successfully on a real patient. I even had another plastic surgeon tell me that these techniques are very academic and aren't really used in real practice.

i don't know what to say as I am at a loss for treating my scar. Just don't let anyone here (or anywhere else) try to minimize your feelings by telling you that it's not that bad. The reality is, It's noticeable, it sucks, and it's on your face. People without noticable facial scars simply cannot relate.

Мyth liked
MemberMember
(@scarface65567)

Posted : 07/04/2016 3:38 pm

2 hours ago, scarredandsad34 said:

I'm really sorry that you are going through this. I also had a failed scar exicision. One of the doctors that I consulted with tried to tell me that a w plasty would be best for my scar, and in theory it sounds like it could make a scar less visible. W plasty/geometric/z plasties are all over the scar revision academic literature, but I have yet to see this method used successfully on a real patient. I even had another plastic surgeon tell me that these techniques are very academic and aren't really used in real practice.

i don't know what to say as I am at a loss for treating my scar. Just don't let anyone here (or anywhere else) try to minimize your feelings by telling you that it's not that bad. The reality is, It's noticeable, it sucks, and it's on your face. People without noticable facial scars simply cannot relate.

again bringing the conversation back to you and your measeley little scar.classic.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 07/04/2016 4:22 pm

scarface you really annoy the crap out of me. You always diminish somebody's scars, but meanwhile I think your scars are minimal. For some bizarre reason you are attacking scarredandsad, I have no idea why. It's annoying and it makes you look like a moron.

Kay24, arte90, blahblahblahblahz and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@scarface2016)

Posted : 07/04/2016 9:53 pm

Scar is over 1.5 years old now. I don't think it will get any better. It is bad. People have been cruel and with harsh comments and judgement.I constantly look at random people and think how normal lives they are leading and my confidence level is -10. No matter what I do to look good the scar always puts me off.

what should I do first? V-beam? Microneedle? Dermabrasion?

MemberMember
(@scarface65567)

Posted : 07/04/2016 9:56 pm

5 hours ago, shadylee said:

scarface you really annoy the crap out of me. You always diminish somebody's scars, but meanwhile I think your scars are minimal. For some bizarre reason you are attacking scarredandsad, I have no idea why. It's annoying and it makes you look like a moron.

you have no idea why? have you seen what scarredandsad posts? theres people with acne scars all over their face and neck and scarredandsad says "i feel your pain my lifes been ruined by a scar too" have you seen her scar? shes never had to suffer with any type of acne, nor any type of acne scars. okay, my scarring is minimal. but I have acne scarring over different areas of my face. I do not have 1 tiny dent on the forehead and cry and complain daily about it.no I'm not happy but I do go out and enjoy time with my girlfriend, shes the only person that can make me happy.

4 minutes ago, Scarface2016 said:

Scar is over 1.5 years old now. I don't think it will get any better. It is bad. People have been cruel and with harsh comments and judgement.I constantly look at random people and think how normal lives they are leading and my confidence level is -10. No matter what I do to look good the scar always puts me off.

this is exactly how I feel. when I'm out in public I just think to myself these people really don't know how good they have it

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 07/05/2016 12:18 am

4 hours ago, Scarface2016 said:

You should definitely post this picture on realself and ask for a doctors opinion. Mention the types of treatments youre looking in to. Like beautifulambition said, fraxel is probably not a good choice for your skin type, but you might want to check out picosure laser. It was actually made for tattoo removal but its been fda cleared for treatment of scars too. Its supposed to help remove unwanted pigment as well as produce collagen and smooth out scars, and I think it can be used on all skin types.

Are you using sunscreen every day? I cant stress how important it is to keep the scar out of the sun. It will literally make it turn red and slow prolong the healing process. Any progress from treatments you do in the future can be undone by the sun. SPF 30+ every day is non negotiable.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/06/2016 8:24 am

On 7/4/2016 at 10:53 PM, Scarface2016 said:

I dont know a lot about scars but I just saw a documentary on skin grafting. Its really becoming a technique that's used a lot especially in burns and car accident victims. Maybe ask a plastic surgeon or do some of your own research? I totally understand how having a scar on your face would make you feel self conscious and the truth is, nobody wants that. I hope you find a solution.

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 07/06/2016 2:19 pm

Post a before-surgery photo of your scar(s).

That hole I see in the middle of your failed scar-excision, I have multiple of them scattered on my cheeks. I would trade them all for a knife-slash scar any day of the week, but this probably isn't going to make you feel any better.

Just understand this: Non-deep Linear scars are socially acceptable. They can even add appeal/character (especially if your face is handsome) They do not signify "bad genetics / poor immune system" like a face riddled with disgusting acne scars does.

LOL @ suiciding. Your situation could be worse, never forget.

MemberMember
(@prayingforcure)

Posted : 07/06/2016 3:07 pm

Hey bro,

I know exactly how you feel. I actually have it a lot worse than you as I have keloid scarring which means they can never be fixed and they keep on growing forever and ever, way beyond the boundaries of the original wounds. I already have quite a few on my face, on top of that I'm still getting nonstop cystic acne all over my face that are causing new keloids to form. The keloid scars on my chest and shoulders are huge/raised (measured inches) and extremely painful/itchy, and they were originally just a few pimples.

However, with all that said. There's nothing worth killing yourself over. My wife still loves me the same and my friends and colleagues don't care and have been very supportive. Calm down and be strong, there are plenty of people out there dealing way worse conditions than us and still able to live their lives optimistically.

Troner liked
MemberMember
(@jucarasa)

Posted : 03/12/2019 11:22 pm

Wow I feel you. I am going thru the same situation right now . not easy or pleasant. we ended up with the wrong doctor if we can refer to them like that. There are two real doctors I would recommend for you to fix your problem one is in Plano Texas Dr Sam Lam. the other one is Dr Janjua in New Jersey. If you can get either one to redo your scar your lucky and you will come out with a better situation. I am in Atlanta I have to find some one local that has good facial plastic surgery skills at this point I dont trust plastic surgery. I visited with Dr Lam in Plano texas but he turned me down for I dont live there. That sucks perhaps you can get him. anyway I wish you best luck this has become a full time 24/7 project for me. I can't concentrate on any thing but trying to fix it. I like you, would have to cut it oy again properly by the right plastic surgeon. I can seevin your case he was trying to do a Geometric broken Line Closure which is what makes sense but either he didn't have the knowledge or skill to do it because that's what any other doctor would have to do but right. again Good luck.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 03/13/2019 6:59 am

I would be very wary of doing scar excisions because people who typically get acne scars are not good skin healers. With an excisions you are attempting to trade one scar for another less noticeable scar. Unfortunately, this doesn't always yield satisfactory results and it seems very hit and miss. This is even more if a risk if you have taken Accutane in the past. I hope the original poster has found solace within himself.

MemberMember
(@apar8)

Posted : 07/31/2020 11:59 pm

I highly recommend you to do consultationwith this plastic surgeon Dr. Richardson based in India Nagerkoil. Check out his youtube videos and send his WhatsApp message with photos.He is one of thefinest plastic surgeons in the world. He will be able to correct this scar with simple excision and make it look inconspicuous. God bless! Have faith.