Notifications
Clear all

Should I continue taking accutane?

MemberMember
(@jnjn)

Posted : 07/03/2016 3:34 am

I have had mild acne for 2-3 years and doctor prescribed accutane 20mg per day for half a month. My face almost clears up, only one or two zits left. So, do I have to continue taking it? If I do, is initial breakout expected?

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 07/03/2016 5:23 am

A more standard course of accutane usually goes on for 3-6 months. If you think you can control your acne from here then by all means stop taking accutane.

But if your reason for jumping on accutane was for a permanent solution then you will definitely need to keep going. Initial break out really depends on the person. From my research on the internet there have been more IB then not for people on accutane.But you maybe one of the luckier ones :)

MemberMember
(@jnjn)

Posted : 07/03/2016 7:18 am

1 hour ago, invisiblenetrix said:

A more standard course of accutane usually goes on for 3-6 months. If you think you can control your acne from here then by all means stop taking accutane.

But if your reason for jumping on accutane was for a permanent solution then you will definitely need to keep going. Initial break out really depends on the person. From my research on the internet there have been more IB then not for people on accutane.But you maybe one of the luckier ones :)

Thx! If IB were to take place, when will it most likely begin?