Notifications
Clear all

Inositol for hormonal acne?

MemberMember
(@paulinat)

Posted : 07/02/2016 2:59 pm

Okay, I am almost 100% sure that my cystic pimples that usually occur on my chin, around my mouth and just in general on the bottom half of my face are caused by a hormonal imbalance. I was wondering if I should try inositol to fix it since I've heard many mixed reviews about BC for acne. What are your experiences with inositol and hormonal acne, and what brands of inositol is best, or do they all work the same? Please reply.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/15/2016 7:14 pm

Hi, I don't know but I bought one from the vitamin shoppe ( their brand I think) and I'm going to take it as directed...it can't hurt.

MemberMember
(@distopiandreamgirl83)

Posted : 10/26/2016 3:06 pm

Hi there,

I have been using inositol powder for the last couple of years and I think it has been the single most effective thing I've done to improve my acne and overall hormone balance. It was recommended to me by a naturopathic doctor. I would highly recommend seeing a functional medicine or naturopathic doctor who can do testing to see where your hormones are (and eventually see if they have improved). I started with PCOS, low progesterone and high androgens (including testosterone) but I also had low thyroid which I am also treating. Hormones all interact with each other so if you only address one it may not have the desired effect. But anyway, the inositol was meant to address the high androgens and low progesterone, and it has worked wonders for me, in terms of my skin clearing up and my blood hormone levels normalizing. I started with the Protocol For Life Balance brand but eventually I tried the Now Foods brand which is about half the price. I find they work the same. You can buy both on Amazon. I take 12g per day (about 3 tsp of the Now brand) dissolved in water.

Hope it helps, good luck!

Now Foods Inositol: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007XA489O/

MemberMember
(@shyinfj)

Posted : 10/26/2016 4:30 pm

Hey! I have heard great things about BC for acne. Lots of my friends use BC for acne and it works great for hormonal imbalance. Many dermatologists recommend it for young women.