Notifications
Clear all

Going on a sunny holiday with acne

MemberMember
(@stiffchocolate)

Posted : 06/23/2016 11:31 am

Hi guys so next week I'm going to Turkey and although my acne isn't bad (post accutane by 3 months) I still want to take care. I don't like putting any cream on my face so can anyone recommend a good sun screen that won't break me out. Also I heard sea water is good for acne so I plan to make the most of that. I have a lot of red marks from spots and really would like this to fade. If anyone has any advice or past experience I would be truly great full . Many thanks

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/23/2016 1:20 pm

Wear a large brim hat or zinc sunscreen...the zinc isn't bad for your skin.
Sea water is indeed supposed to be good for acne .
As for the marks, many people use turmeric masks, lemon or potato juice, AHA acids, and hydroquinone to fade marks.

MemberMember
(@laurenactivity)

Posted : 07/01/2016 11:27 am

The sun will do you're skin the world of good and should help fade any marks, instead of using a sun cream I use a light moisturiser with a high spf in it! Hope you enjoy your holiday x

MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 07/01/2016 12:27 pm

http://eltamd.com/product/uv-clear-broad-spectrum-spf-46/  <- the untinted version is really good for me and my skin is really prone to comsetic acne, I really recommend it. 
Swim a lot drink a lot of water and apply sunscreen daily and it'll be great! Fresh air, a bit of sun ad physical activity are all very good for your skin! I usually keep a bottle of micellar water to cleanse my skin of old sunscreen and sweat before i reapply too :)