Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am having oily skin with adult acne since i was 20. I am now 28.  I have tried many topical treatments, antiboitics and accutane once (accutane was effective when i was on it but after discontinuing that I got a lot of acne). During pregnancy and after delivery, my acne got better for about one year but then i started getting acne. After reading many articles about zinc, that leaky gut can result acne. I started taking zinc supplement, once a day. For initial 4-5 days, my acne was started to heal faster and my skin got better. So I thought, this is it. Zinc is the ultimate solution for my acne. I continued it but after a week i got painful cysts on my jawline (below my ear) where I never got any acne and after 1 month my acne got worse. so finally I discontinued taking Zn supplement. I wanted to know if anybody got the same situation like this. Was that the purging stage? Should i continue/restart taking Zinc?

BTW I started DAN regimen 6 weeks before, with some results, but still I am getting new pimples. I want to heal my acne from inside out and was desperately wanted Zinc to heal my acne from inside out. Your suggestions/experiences are highly appreciated.