Would you recommend...

Notifications
Clear all

Would you recommend the regimen if

MemberMember
(@vyriz)

Posted : 06/15/2016 8:55 am

(Hello!)
if I barely have acne, I used to have moderate acne a few years back during puberty, but growing up and with the right products I've gotten rid of it (I'm 20 now), but I still have a pimple every now and then (and they're really annoying), usually red under-the-skin bumps, mostly right below the temple area (1cm below the area between the eyes and the ears) and the chin (but they're smaller in the chin area) with overall redness in those areas as well.

i also have hyper pigmentation from my past acne.

Would the regimen be any good for this low level of acne? Also what other products would you recommend? Thank you

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/15/2016 10:12 am

I think the regimen would be too much for just a single pimple here and there.

I would suggest a good spot treatment like: http://www.acne.org/the-ziit-method.html

Other ones I recommend would be tretinoin, and mario badescu's drying and buffering lotion.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@vyriz)

Posted : 06/15/2016 11:05 am

51 minutes ago, nicmic62 said:

I think the regimen would be too much for just a single pimple here and there.

I would suggest a good spot treatment like: http://www.acne.org/the-ziit-method.html

Other ones I recommend would be tretinoin, and mario badescu's drying and buffering lotion.

Thank you, I thought it would be overkill as well.

Yeah i've looked into spot treatments before but I don't know how it would work, I mean we have to use it when the pimple's already there right, so what's the "point"? Does it just go away overnight after we spot treated it?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/15/2016 11:12 am

Dan's AHA+ is also a great spot treatment for those under-the-skin pimples which I still occasionally get when I get my period, usually around my jawline or neck. By the next day the swelling is down and more times than not it never erupts. AHA+ is also great for fading hyperpigmentation from old acne, which you indicated having. Most hyperpigmentation will eventually fade on its own, but this helps speed up the process. My son has been using for about 4 months and his PIH is noticeably better! Can't recommend this product enough, great stuff!! |::)

But yeah, I'd agree with Nicmic that the Regimen would be overkill in your case.

nicmic62 liked
MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 06/16/2016 2:26 pm

If i feel a Pimple coming through, (before i can see it ) i just dab BP on it day and night and it makes the severity half as bad. You might want to order a small amount of BP just for spot treatment IMO. The whole regimen is over kill though, i agree.

MemberMember
(@king_ramos)

Posted : 06/17/2016 2:49 pm

Hey, yes i agree with everyone; the Acne.Org Regimen would be overkill. Before I discovered the Regimen I was using the Vichy Normaderm Regimen and I thought it was good but I have cystic acne so it did a good job at keeping the acne at bay but it didn't get rid of my existing cysts. I think it is great though for anyone with mild acne for everyday use it's very gentle and not drying. La Roche Posay's Effaclar Regimen is also a good one for mild to moderate acne.
Best of luck!