Notifications
Clear all

neutrogena makeup wipes burning my face?

MemberMember
(@chloeeeee)

Posted : 06/04/2016 11:36 am

ever since I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed me aczone in the morning, doxycycline in the afternoon, and differin at night, (I use my makeup wipes almost every night) my face has had a lot of redness and burning around my eyes and on my cheeks. I went about 3 days without wearing makeup and my face didn't burn at all, but I started using the makeup wipes again and I got the burning again. I don't know what to do

MemberMember
(@ugurl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 6:09 pm

Quit using those wipes asap! My doctor prescribed the CeraVe cleanser and told me not to use anything else. I am also prescribed to doxycycline as well as tretinoin which can make your face super sensitive. CeraVe is a super gentle cleanser but it might take at least two washes to get all the make up off. it is the only thing I use to remove my make up, and then I use paper tissues to wipe off water never cloth towels because I want to make sure I never put anything even a bit bacterial on my face. If you would still like to use wipes, check out the ones by burts bees. Its my favorite natural brand and they make really great wipes and should be around the same price point as the neutrogena ones :)

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/25/2016 4:54 pm

I really don't think wipes are good to use unless you have normal to dry skin with no issues.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/14/2016 8:45 am

Try the Yes to Cucumbers Wipes. They have aloe in them which is super soothing and non-irritating, and they get off all the make-up! I need to use wipes and not just a cleanser because I go to the gym after work and want to get all the make-up off, but don't want to cleanse my face until after I get all sweaty. These have been a dream.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 07/17/2016 10:55 pm

On 7/14/2016 at 8:45 AM, kelbell812 said:

Try the Yes to Cucumbers Wipes. They have aloe in them which is super soothing and non-irritating, and they get off all the make-up! I need to use wipes and not just a cleanser because I go to the gym after work and want to get all the make-up off, but don't want to cleanse my face until after I get all sweaty. These have been a dream.

My face for sure gets moody when I use any makeup wipes consecutive nights in a row. But those 'Yes to Cucumbers Wipes' stripped my skin raw within SECONDS. Like, I had to use ice packs afterwards! I don't know what exactly was in it that my skin hated so much, but I had to throw them away immediately.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/18/2016 9:33 am

10 hours ago, SkinDeeply said:
My face for sure gets moody when I use any makeup wipes consecutive nights in a row. But those 'Yes to Cucumbers Wipes' stripped my skin raw within SECONDS. Like, I had to use ice packs afterwards! I don't know what exactly was in it that my skin hated so much, but I had to throw them away immediately.

Wow, really?? That sounds awful. I guess everyone's skin really IS different lol. For me, they were the most soothing and gentle out of all the one's I've tried, including Simple, Neutrogena, and the CVS brand.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 07/18/2016 9:43 pm

12 hours ago, kelbell812 said:
22 hours ago, SkinDeeply said:

Wow, really?? That sounds awful. I guess everyone's skin really IS different lol. For me, they were the most soothing and gentle out of all the one's I've tried, including Simple, Neutrogena, and the CVS brand.

Totally. I was pretty bummed out about it. I've actually heard that a lot of people's skin respond well to them.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/18/2016 9:54 pm

Your face is dry dry dry. The redness, itching, burning is all from dryness. Use a gentle cleanser and use a moisturizer.

Hopefully the redness and burning will end. The wipes likely have some type of alcohol or ingredient that is drying.

Hope this helps!

WadeX

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 07/18/2016 10:00 pm

I make my own face wipes now since I haven't been able to find one gentle enough to use on a regular basis. I add a 1/2 cup of of distilled water, 1/4cup of a DIY saline solution (I make it in big batches and store it for wound washing), 1/4 cup of alcohol-free witch hazel, 2 teaspoons ofaloe vera gel, 2-3drops of rosehip oil, and 2drops of grapefruit seed extract (as a preservative and antimicrobial agent) into a big sterile bell jar and then shake it all up. Then I tear up thick Viva paper towels,stack them in a square shaped tupperwareand soak them in the liquid solution. I keep some on my nightstand, some in the bathroom, and will usually stuff some in a ziplock baggie to take along with me to work or to the gym.