Notifications
Clear all

Moisturiser Help

MemberMember
(@oldsport15)

Posted : 06/04/2016 6:09 am

A few months ago, my chin started getting really dry and even though I moisturise it daily, it doesn't make much of a difference  I have to apply micellar water to a cotton pad to wipe my chin in order to remove the dry, flaky skin but that also doesn't do much. My chin is still really dry and flaky and it's been about 5 months. I don't know what to do; I've been using cetaphil moisturiser for a year (or almost a year) and it works well on other parts of my face, but not my chin for some odd reason. I've started applying epiduo on my chin recently, but that hasn't affected how dry the skin is there. Does anybody have any suggestions for how I could get rid of the dry skin on my chin?

Thank you! 

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/08/2016 9:59 am

You need to moisturize twice a day. Epiduo is pretty drying so make sure you really moisturize day and night. You can even add more throughout your day if it feels dry and flakey.

MemberMember
(@oldbooksandcats)

Posted : 06/12/2016 11:38 pm

I personally use the method of layering moisturizers, starting with thinnest first, ending with the thickest. I pat on each layer separately, let it soak in, then apply the next layer. So, I start out with a face mist; then apply a thin serum; then regular weight moisturizer, like your cetaphil (with jojoba oil mixed in); then end with a night pack. Let that sit for about 15 minutes before laying my head down on the pillow. About once a week I use a face mask also.

In the daytime, I only layer a little bit-- I apply the face mist before a regular weight moisturizer, but that's it. Throughout the day, if my skin feels dry, I spray it with the face mist again.