Notifications
Clear all

Opinions on this?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/04/2016 10:31 am

I just wanted to add a pic of what I'm dealing with on my shoulders and back.
They aren't itchy but I have tiny bumpy/pimples all over and a rough texture to my back all over.. The bumps on my shoulders are larger than on my full back. Is it possible keratosis pilaris? Or could I possibly have an allergy to a type of fabric maybe from my bras? This started  the past couple months or so.

20160604_045426.jpg

20160604_045447.jpg

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 06/04/2016 6:47 pm

Omg i have the exact same! :(  it goes from my upper back up to my neck and arms.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/05/2016 9:27 am

It's horrible Lore. I've tried many things for it but nothing is helping tbh. It didn't used to be this bad until a couple month ago for me, during that time I have bought new bras so thought maybe it's that but also I think it's been since starting a topical gel which I have now stopped. I don't know if the gel could cause this though because I didn't put it there BUT I have been under a TON of stress since March.

What have you tried for it? Can you possibly post a pic?

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 06/05/2016 6:00 pm

I get keratosis pilaris on the back of my upper arms. It's not really a visible area, so it's never really bothered me.

Not 100% sure if that's what you've got as it's difficult to tell from the photos. Maybe go see a doctor and ask them to confirm.

If it is keratosis pilaris then there's not much you can do about it unfortunately apart from exfoliating to reduce its appearance.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/06/2016 6:06 am

Idk. Could it be prickly heat? Or maybe pityrosporum folliculitis? Have you taken antibiotics? Sometimes the skins yeast gets out of hand...an anti fungal cream might work.
I say try aloe + an essential oil like lavender, calendula or tea tree.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/06/2016 9:31 am

Nope. My doc has actually prescribed me Antibiotics but I haven't taken them just yet.

MemberMember
(@lindsaysrawjuice)

Posted : 06/06/2016 8:31 pm

it looks like a gluten insensitivity. its called "chicken skin", and its a sign of intolerance to gluten, plus dairy. I would eliminate those two and let it get out of your system. I would also recommend enemas or colon cleanses. Eat more raw fruits and veggies. Drink raw juice. You can also supplement with adaptogen herbs. Have you tried any of these modalities?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 06/06/2016 8:45 pm

Same thing has been happening to me as well! Are you living in a hot or humid environment? Are you sweating a lot and/or keeping clothes on for a long period of time allowing the sweat to dry up? 

I'm going to be visiting my dermatologist this friday, so ill update you with what she has to say :)

Lore91 and MissSac17 liked