Notifications
Clear all

HELP! Rash on hands from Accutane?

MemberMember
(@ladini)

Posted : 05/29/2016 8:45 am

Hi everyone!

I'm currently on Accutane and have been on it for about 10 months now. I'm on 40mg a day.

So far, my experience on it has been great. My skin has cleared up and side effects have been very minimal. The only thing that is bothersome is dry lips but that's it. A few times, however, I've gotten a rash on my hands which has only started happening since I've been on Accutane. This has happened about 6 times now. During the first few days it tends to sting and the texture of the skin is quite rough/dry. It doesn't seem serious and heals within a week or so which is why I haven't asked my dermatologist about it. 

I have attached pictures and was curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@alicia1985)

Posted : 05/30/2016 3:04 am

Yes! I experienced this too. My rash looked like scaly red dots all over the tops of my hands...with a few similar patches on my forearms. This resolved on its own for me. I just kept it moisturized as mine was very dry and scaly. This happened to me around the 4 month mark on 60mg. Hope yours clears up soon!

MemberMember
(@ladini)

Posted : 05/30/2016 7:01 am

3 hours ago, Alicia1985 said:

Yes! I experienced this too. My rash looked like scaly red dots all over the tops of my hands...with a few similar patches on my forearms. This resolved on its own for me. I just kept it moisturized as mine was very dry and scaly. This happened to me around the 4 month mark on 60mg. Hope yours clears up soon!

Yes, that's exactly what is it, like scaly red dots! 
It's comforting to know i'm not alone haha, thanks for the reply! :)

MemberMember
(@amandamarie1331)

Posted : 05/09/2020 6:48 pm

I Have this too!! but i'm not on accutane which is really weird but i have started using a new acne medication.

MemberMember
(@laurajmes)

Posted : 07/15/2020 3:45 am

The exact thing happened to me too! It stung for sure. But it lasted a few days at a time and it seemed to come in cycles for me (total of 5 times throughout my course). So glad to see I'm not alone in this...

MemberMember
(@cyndycruz2011gmail-com)

Posted : 11/01/2020 9:33 am

Hello.! Im in my 2nd month with accutaneand I just startedto experience ahandrash Im not sure if this normal or I should go seemy doctor.