Pimple popping advi...

Notifications
Clear all

Pimple popping advice

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 05/20/2016 9:45 am

Hi guys,

I have this pimple on my cheek which with a strong will I did NOT touch... it became flat.. but there was just still something in it!!. So after a hot shower a little white bit showed and I popped it and all that came out was watery stuff and then heaps of blood. So much blood from this tiny ass pimple. I disinfected it and then placed a hydrocolloidal bandage on it. I just had to pop it.. it was literally so damn itchy.

Did i do the worst possible thing to it? Sigh i have pimple popping regret.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/15/2016 8:24 am

On 5/20/2016 at 10:45 AM, banban said:

Hi guys,

I have this pimple on my cheek which with a strong will I did NOT touch... it became flat.. but there was just still something in it!!. So after a hot shower a little white bit showed and I popped it and all that came out was watery stuff and then heaps of blood. So much blood from this tiny ass pimple. I disinfected it and then placed a hydrocolloidal bandage on it. I just had to pop it.. it was literally so damn itchy.

Did i do the worst possible thing to it? Sigh i have pimple popping regret.

hey, oh I've done that many times. I think you'll be OK as long as stuff came out of it. I put on alcohol on a cotton ball a few times and either crushed aspirin, or I've read zinc cream is good for that but haven't bought it yet. Usually its OK to pom a pimple that's ready but sometimes its hard to tell. I've never scarred from popping them however, I think popping unready ones can cause it to spread more somehow.
I have a really annoying pimple on my cheek, I'm wanting to mess with it but its not really the kind that has a head either. And my skin looks pretty good except for that one stupid pimple.

banban liked
MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 07/15/2016 11:16 am

2 hours ago, snarkygirl said:
hey, oh I've done that many times. I think you'll be OK as long as stuff came out of it. I put on alcohol on a cotton ball a few times and either crushed aspirin, or I've read zinc cream is good for that but haven't bought it yet.  Usually its OK to pom a pimple that's ready but sometimes its hard to tell. I've never scarred from popping them however,  I think popping unready ones can cause it to spread more somehow.
I have a really annoying pimple on my cheek, I'm wanting to mess with it but its not really the kind that has a head either. And my skin looks pretty good except for that one stupid pimple.

so lucky you only have one pimple to deal with. Im on tret nearly 3 months and i have a couple coming up :( i wish they came up faster. Atm they are js under the skin. I thought i was improving but i guess i just haven't reached the purge?? It sucks i look worse than before. Bt im gonna stick with it (i keep telling myself) till 6 months.  If nothing yields im moving on 

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/15/2016 6:31 pm

7 hours ago, banban said:
so lucky you only have one pimple to deal with. Im on tret nearly 3 months and i have a couple coming up :( i wish they came up faster. Atm they are js under the skin. I thought i was improving but i guess i just haven't reached the purge?? It sucks i look worse than before. Bt im gonna stick with it (i keep telling myself) till 6 months.  If nothing yields im moving on 

I think giving something 6 months as a rule us fair even though its annoying. Is tretinoin a certain % of a retinoid?

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 07/15/2016 11:33 pm

5 hours ago, snarkygirl said:
12 hours ago, banban said:

I think giving something 6 months as a rule us fair even though its annoying. Is tretinoin a certain % of a retinoid?

yea tretinoin is like retin a the same thing im using .05 atm ive been keeping a diary and i think ive  been breaking out for like a month now. It sucks cause im going overseas for a holiday and ill look so crappy!! Vain i know.. but you wanna look nice on a tropical holiday 

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/18/2016 5:02 am

I'm using that cream too!!! Dang, well I popped 3 pimples tonight so don't beat yourself up for just getting one stubborn sucker. This summer I went from no pimples, to a few small dots on forehead, to finally little whiteheads popping up on the daily. Its really annoying because I have pitted acne scars to be trippin about, not pimples and scars....thats just fd up. Anyway, they are the only pimples Ive popped in like a year so I ain't gunnin myself....im just like damn, these pimples betta stop.