Notifications
Clear all

what are these small slightly red bumps on my forehead?

MemberMember
(@lexi5293)

Posted : 05/18/2016 5:23 pm

every spring and summer I seem to break out (I don't know if it's allergies but Benadryl doesn't help much). It seems more of a rash mixed with pimples considering most of the bumps on my face cannot be popped. It does not itch but it does feel tender when I wash my face. I used hydrocortisone which only worked a little before it stopped. Even prescription steroids didn't seem to help. I've used Nizoral shampoo as well (didn't work) and I'm currently on doxycycline and I'm using epiduo hoping to see some change. I just need to know what I  could possibly have so I can get the right treatment for me. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@lexi5293)

Posted : 05/18/2016 9:03 pm

Hello. Do you know any prescription treatments for it?

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/21/2016 2:26 am

On 19/5/2016 at 4:03 AM, Lexi5293 said:

Hello. Do you know any prescription treatments for it?

Benzoyl Peroxide + AHA creme

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 05/21/2016 1:06 pm

How long have you been using doxycycline? And the Epiduo?

MemberMember
(@lexi5293)

Posted : 05/22/2016 2:05 pm

I have been using doxycycline and epiduofor 5 or 6 days and have already noticed improvement. I don't know if it's because the epiduo contains retinol but maybeI should just get an actualretinol cream later to speed up the process?But the bumps are smaller and less red now.

On May 21, 2016 at 2:06 PM, MissSac17 said:

How long have you been using doxycycline? And the Epiduo?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 05/22/2016 3:30 pm

No I'd stick with the Epiduo, definitely. It contains Adapalene, a retinoid, which generally can take upto 8 to 12 weeks to show full improvement.
Assess tour skin after another couple weeks and see how it looks.

My skin actually looks very similar to yours.

MemberMember
(@lexi5293)

Posted : 05/23/2016 4:22 pm

Do I need to get my blood work done and sign this pledge like you have to do with the accutane pills? Or can my derm just easily prescribe me the isotrex? Also how long should I wait to consider using isotrex? I feel like stopping the epiduo now and starting accutane pills because I'm so desperate for my face to heal up (at least majority of my face) by prom (June 8th)

On 5/22/2016 at 4:30 PM, MissSac17 said:

No I'd stick with the Epiduo, definitely. It contains Adapalene, a retinoid, which generally can take upto 8 to 12 weeks to show full improvement.
Assess tour skin after another couple weeks and see how it looks.

My skin actually looks very similar to yours.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 05/24/2016 5:28 am

13 hours ago, Lexi5293 said:

Do I need to get my blood work done and sign this pledge like you have to do with the accutane pills? Or can my derm just easily prescribe me the isotrex? Also how long should I wait to consider using isotrex? I feel like stopping the epiduo now and starting accutane pills because I'm so desperate for my face to heal up (at least majority of my face) by prom (June 8th)

Em Isotrex is a topical form of accutane, it contains a tiny amount of the drug (0.05%) so no you don't need to get blood work done.

You've only been using Epiduo for over a week now? I really wouldn't jump to another retinoid because you will irritate your skin. Has your doctor prescribed you isotrex too? Have you spoke to him about Accutane? Accutane isn't a quick fix, you must realise that.

MemberMember
(@lexi5293)

Posted : 05/26/2016 5:42 pm

On May 24, 2016 at 6:28 AM, MissSac17 said:
Em Isotrex is a topical form of accutane, it contains a tiny amount of the drug (0.05%) so no you don't need to get blood work done.

You've only been using Epiduo for over a week now? I really wouldn't jump to another retinoid because you will irritate your skin. Has your doctor prescribed you isotrex too? Have you spoke to him about Accutane? Accutane isn't a quick fix, you must realise that.

no my dermatologist hasn't prescribed Isotrex. We have discussed accutane. She said we could try it if the epiduo doesn't work. I mean so far the epiduo seems to be working. Not completely but a lot better. Still have bumps, they are just smaller and less red now. I'm scared of breaking out in week 3 because that's when my prom is. I hope I don't experience a purge period.

MemberMember
(@asmahansen)

Posted : 09/03/2017 6:42 am

Check the link below[link removed]if you're struggling with which product to use and whether it's going to damage you're skin or not it contains absolutely everything you need . I am sure it's going to help you a lot .

About accutane it's an acne (bacterial acne) treatment but it doesn't work with these little bumps ( malassezia, a fungal acne-you can check the images on google-)

MemberMember
(@nicole48)

Posted : 03/28/2021 3:23 pm

Hi Lexi, 

I just found this post. Today I noticed my forehead felt stinging and inflamed. I normally put sunscreen on my face, but for some reason after a couple of hours it felt irradiated. I washed it off with my cleanser, but my forehead feels a little itchy and red and I noticed I have similar bumps as you do, they are red small bumps almost looks like they have white tops?? So is this due to irritation  from my sunscreen you think?? Is it acne or due to a reaction?? I also use epidural forte for my regular acne should I apply it to see if it goes down?? I also do get seasonal allergies could that be a cause too?

1A854EB2-385E-4BD6-8B36-8F60E6CC1691.jpeg

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 05/06/2022 5:07 am

A tetracycline (minocycline, doxycycline) or a macrolide is usually the first choice for treating acne (erythromycin, azithromycin). I hope this was helpful.

MemberMember
(@cnjerindegwagmail-com)

Posted : 05/20/2022 7:05 pm

My acne looks very similar to yours, I thought it might be fungal acne instead, but my skin didn't react well to clotrimazole cream, at least not on my face. I'm now trying nizoral shampoo.

How did you treat it ? Was epiduo enough?