PanOxyl and Startin...

Notifications
Clear all

PanOxyl and Starting the Regimen

MemberMember
(@ashley44)

Posted : 05/08/2016 8:46 pm

What advice would you give to someone who wants to start the regimen but isn't sure about adjusting their routine. I use PanOxyl twice a day which is ten percent benzoyl peroxide, but it is a wash and not a cream like the second step calls for. I also use aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser before that. Should I just cut panoxyl out and get the benzoyl peroxide cream? Also, if I did that would you recommend a stronger cleanser since it's really more for cleaning your face than healing acne?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 05/08/2016 10:13 pm

If you want to start using the regimen, you have to follow the instructions for it to work. So you have to use only the regimen products and cut the panoxyl.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 05/09/2016 10:35 am

13 hours ago, Ashley44 said:

would you recommend a stronger cleanser since it's really more for cleaning your face than healing acne? 

First off, washing your face twice back-to-back is too much and may dry out your skin, doing more harm than good. And to answer your question, you'll want an ultra-gentle face wash, the most gentle you can find, not a stronger one. So I'd lose the medicated acne wash (panoxyl) and just use the other one, along with a 2.5% BP cream or gel, followed by a moisturizer. This 3-step process works best when used in conjunction with the Acne.Org Regimen products, but can easily be adapted to other products.

Hope this is helpful! ::)