Notifications
Clear all

From Perfect Skin to Not Perfect Skin, What happened?

MemberMember
(@peterpan0001)

Posted : 04/29/2016 12:26 pm

When I was younger I had perfect skin I could even go days without a shower or bath and my skin and hair would still look good.

But now I pretty much have to have a shower every morning because I wake up with an oily face and my hair is a mess (It's short hair). Currently I have been using Proactiv for a month and I think my skin has gotten better so I'm going to use it for another month see how it goes.

I do go to sleep around 4-5am and wake up an 3-4pm, I could exercise more and eat more healthy would it help if I fixed all that? Acne doesn't run in the family my brothers and sisters don't have acne and they dont use any face creams/products. Is it just my life style i need to change?

My face isn't that bad but enough so its annoying me and my back is pretty bad even though I shower every day.

Thanks All

MemberMember
(@peterpan0001)

Posted : 04/30/2016 6:41 am

13 hours ago, Chloe123 said:

Hey, I understand your frustration!

how old are you may I ask? If you're under 18, it's mainly hormonal.

The pro-active could also be making your skin produce more oil. Pro-active is useless, I think the acne.orgregime will work better!

Hi, I'm just about to turn 20 and I did look at the acne.org cream but I'm in UK and with the delivery added it was quite expensive and looked like it would take a while before being delivered. 🙁

MemberMember
(@justdifferent)

Posted : 04/30/2016 5:47 pm

Your sleep schedule could definitely be worsening your acne, mine freaks out if I go to bed later than twelve. I think it has to do with liver cleansing times, which occur mostly at night (1am and 3am, respectively) If the liver isn't able to detoxify properly, acne can result. I think it also messes with hormones to go to bed so late. It sounds like you're probably not getting enough sun with that schedule either, do you take any vitamin D? A lot of people find supplementation with that (by way of about 5000UI's) cuts back on oil and acne.

MemberMember
(@peterpan0001)

Posted : 05/21/2016 7:49 am

So Iv'e been using Proactiv for over 2 months now and my skin is a lot better after using it when I get up and before I got to bed but Im starting to get dry and irritated skin. So I'm now using it once a day but can anyone help me with something, my chin even though it is clear is oily but sort of dry or flaky an the same time? Im not sure how to explain it what causes this?

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/21/2016 10:20 am

2 hours ago, PeterPan0001 said:

So Iv'e been using Proactiv for over 2 months now and my skin is a lot better after using it when I get up and before I got to bed but Im starting to get dry and irritated skin. So I'm now using it once a day but can anyone help me with something, my chin even though it is clear is oily but sort of dry or flaky an the same time? Im not sure how to explain it what causes this?

Proactiv is not good at all, would not suggest anyone to use it.

MemberMember
(@peterpan0001)

Posted : 05/21/2016 11:51 am

1 hour ago, Alex9945 said:
4 hours ago, PeterPan0001 said:

Proactiv is not good at all, would not suggest anyone to use it.

Yea I've just ordered some Clearasil cleanser and light Nivea moisturizer :) 

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 05/21/2016 2:10 pm

2 hours ago, PeterPan0001 said:
Yea I've just ordered some Clearasil cleanser and light Nivea moisturizer :) 

Those are bad brands as well ;) but your choice