Notifications
Clear all

I need your expert opinions!

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 04/22/2016 12:30 am

Hey guys,

I can't believe I'm posting a picture of my biggest insecurity on the Internet for the world to see... But I could really use some of your valuable input on what treatments would be the most beneficial for my type of scarring. I feel the collective on this site is likely to have more knowledge in this area than a lot of physicians out there. I have a consultation tomorrow to explore my options and I would like to make an informed decision. 

The picture is not great, I apologize! But I can tell you I have a ton of boxcar and ice pick scarring all around my mouth, but the boxcar scarring on the left is what really bothers me more than anything. If my scars could cast a little less shadow, that would be grrreeat.

Thank you in advance for taking the time, I'm sure you are probably so tired of answering this question over and over.

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 04/22/2016 12:56 am

I'm not saying this just to make you feel better, but that is seriously barely noticeable. You have to realize that when you're interacting with people, they don't scan for imperfections on your face. Take a look at your face as a whole, and you'll see that you're overall complexion outweighs the tiny scar on the mouth area. They say we are our own worst critic, and I've come to realize that this statement is 100% true.

Your skin looks good, the scars look normal and believe me, no regular person is ever going to notice that.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/22/2016 3:50 am

I agree with Tretinoin. Your skin looks good but I understand why you want to do something about it.

Because your scarring appears to be minor, I would advise you to stay away from the hard stuff like lasers which your Drs may try to push. I would recommend starting with peels and see how you like them. I think you could do well with TCA cross.

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 04/22/2016 10:39 am

Thank you both for taking the time to respond!

I really wish I could train myself to stop being so hyper-focused on this area of my face and just take it all in as a whole. I think the fact that the scars represent emotional trauma in my life is what makes me so miserable about seeing them everyday. It feels like if I can fix the physical trauma, I can work towards healing the emotional.

I will definitely start conservative with treatments. Thanks again!