Notifications
Clear all

Just started Yasmin - initial breakout right away.

MemberMember
(@sneakerbee)

Posted : 04/20/2016 10:38 pm

Hi everyone. This is probably another birth control/initial breakout post... everyone needs comforting, right?

So I just started Yasmin this past Sunday (I had my period - it was just about ending). I understand that many people get an initial breakout. Mine started literally the day after I took it - or so it seems anyway because I have a few large/red cysts that have appeared (which I don't normally get). I also got dry skin patches mostly along my jawline, and mostly along my right jawline (while I've had dry skin before around there, this was very noticeable, and even kind of scaly). What I normally get is what appears like white heads along my jawline and temple - most of which are not easily pop-able, if at all. Anyway, is that weird that my acne would worsen the next day after my first pill the night before?

How long did it take for you to get an initial breakout after starting on birth control? How long did it take for you to see an improvement?

Thanks all! 

MemberMember
(@likelytempo)

Posted : 04/21/2016 11:29 am

The same happened to me.

MemberMember
(@sneakerbee)

Posted : 04/21/2016 4:09 pm

4 hours ago, LikelyTempo said:

The same happened to me.

You broke out right away/the day after? How long did it take for you to clear up? I'm hoping since I'm breaking out so soon, it will clear up faster than what I've been reading on the internet (which is like 2-3 months?). Large red bumps/cysts have stopped forming but I'm still getting a normal amount of smaller pimples/a few whiteheads and dry skin. On day 5 now for me.

MemberMember
(@likelytempo)

Posted : 04/21/2016 6:19 pm

The first time on I didn't have any breakout. Went off to have a baby and when I went back on after nursing I broke out in smaller pimples in literally the second or third day. I had zero pimples prior from being pregnant and nursing (that always cleared me up). The pimples weren't bad, but it seemed like for the first several months I had breakouts here and there.
Everyone is different and my experience with Yasmin was different each time I went on it.
I know it's easy for me to say, but try to relax and think positively.

MemberMember
(@sneakerbee)

Posted : 04/21/2016 9:33 pm

3 hours ago, LikelyTempo said:

The first time on I didn't have any breakout. Went off to have a baby and when  I went back on after nursing I broke out in smaller pimples in literally the second or third day. I had zero pimples prior from being pregnant and nursing (that always cleared me up). The pimples weren't bad, but it seemed like for the first several months I had breakouts here and there. 
Everyone is different and my experience with Yasmin was different each time I went on it. 
I know it's easy for me to say, but try to relax and think positively. 

Thanks for your reply! :) I'm out of the the country (home country) for the next month and a half and just wish I didn't have bad while I'm on "vacation." Stressing about it probably isn't helping. Anyway, thanks for sharing! 

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 04/21/2016 10:36 pm

i cant remember if there was an initial breakout for me. ive been taking yasmin for a year and i didnt see any improvement for about 4 and a half months. when i first started i bought 5 months worth and expected it to work within a few weeks. if i hadnt bought 5 packs of it i wouldnt have stuck with it. still not 100% clear like all the other times i went on bc pills, probably 85% clear. at least no more cystic acne though. it will get better...

MemberMember
(@chloe123)

Posted : 04/24/2016 11:33 pm

My acne got a little worse during the first week, but now im on my 3rd pill pack and i only breakout with 1-2 zits per month. Stay with it. Yasmin is amazing.

MemberMember
(@warmxxxhearted)

Posted : 04/26/2016 3:44 pm

Hi SneakerBee,
I was on Yasmin for a year a half, at the start I did get a break out, I think from what I remembered I noticed it like the first few days into it. I started seeing results after 3-5 months, the same as Chloe I only had like 1-2 spots a month and as I had oily skin before, it really helped with my blackheads.
4 months a go I decided to stop taking it for various reasons, now I am beginning to regret the decision as I am breaking out all over the place!
Hopefully it settles for you, hormones are such a pain!

-Laura

MemberMember
(@lilok)

Posted : 05/07/2016 12:37 pm

Hi, everyone! I used Yasmin for about 5 years and from the beginningI didn't have any breakouts unless I stopped taking them; the first time I used a hormonal method I got a shot (I don't even remember the name of that bc) but it was awful and my body did react to it, so I switched to pills. If a doctor prescribed Yasmin to you, you should talk to he/she immediately because maybe the drospirenone in it is causing your acne to get worse: everyone is different and we get different reactions to every pill, that's why there's such a variety of them! Don't worry, though, because it can be reversed with the right thing 🙂 I wish to know if it had already passed