Notifications
Clear all

Modified Caveman Regimen for adult hormonal acne

MemberMember
(@mandolion)

Posted : 04/21/2016 9:34 am

Hello there!
I figured I would put my two cents about acne skin care out there and let everyone know they should stop washing their faces so much! I had acne as a teen, big cystic ones always on my chin. I was prescribed tetracycline and benzoyl peroxide and I washed like crazy. None of these treatments ever seemed to help, the acne always cleared up on its own. I am 28 years old now (female) and I recently stopped taking birth control. As you may know that can cause outbreaks like WHOA. I developed (looking back) a few minor zits, and had the over reaction we all have which is WASH, TREAT, SCRUB, etc. God does this make it worse!! Before stopping birth control, and even before I started birth control, I never washed my face. I was lazy, I would leave my makeup on frequently at night, sometimes I'd use a makeup wipe to take it off and i'd rarely get zits. This is why I decided to stop all the nonsense with harsh chemicals and rubbing my face. Washing my face lightly with water is enough, and only at night. To take my makeup off I'll use a "makeup eraser" cloth which removes makeup very thoroughly without being hard on your skin. This is all I need. My zits started healing overnight. The painful cysts came to a head and weren't painful anymore. The worst part about having acne is thinking people are judging you. Nobody cares.  There were times I didn't want my own fianc© to see me and I wouldn't talk about it with him because I didn't even want him to acknowledge the fact I had acne. We've since talked about it and he actually gets irritated with me that I even complain about it because he thinks I'm beautiful! I know there's some of you out there that are emotionally burdened by your faces and you feel like more/different products will help and one day you'll find the perfect product that gets rid of acne in an hour. It's not gonna happen! Trust me I have tried it all! We need to remember that our bodies have everything they need to combat bacteria. Our faces want to be clear. We need to leave them alone! What did our ancestors use to wash? Water!  This is what my face looked like after I started using cetaphil twice a day, benzoyl peroxide and minocycline. I will take some better pics after no washing soon. But this is the worst my face has ever been. If these chemicals that are supposed to get rid of acne do this, how good are they really??image.jpegimage.jpeg