Notifications
Clear all

My acne is making me depressed

MemberMember
(@brainyblonde)

Posted : 04/15/2016 7:05 pm

Hello, I'm a 22 year old female and I have acne and I hate it. It's mostly located on my right cheek/jaw and a little bit on my left cheek, I have no idea what's causing it! I sleep with my hair up wash my sheets once a week, I have my hair tucked behind my ears all day so it doesn't touch my face, I don't touch my face nor do I pick at my pimples. I wash my face day and night, steam my face once a week and use homemade masks and I exfoliate. I use organic makeup and wash my brushes once a week. I take probiotics, evening primrose oil and chaste tree. I eat healthy and organic food and I hardly eat dairy so I don't think that's the problem but I do eat bread so maybe that's it? My mom didn't have acne but my dad did, he said it stopped at age 21 but kept recurring until age 30. Will my skin be the same as his or will it get better faster? Also I have 3 siblings and I'm the only one who got acne!! That is so not fair!! Any suggestions will be helpful, I'm always really down about my acne.

P.S. I just started to get acne maybe around 20/21? I never had it before then.

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/16/2016 3:15 pm

Hey there! Cute username :) so I have been dealing with mild acne for years and have seen 3 dermatologists. I also had my worst skin around 21. None of them believe food has anything to do with acne, unless you have a specific food allergy (milk, gluten),  however a healthy diet and lifestyle ism essential. Have you tried seeing a Derm? They may have some helpful advice for you, even if you don't want to take a pill, it's insightful to have a doctor look at your skin to tell you what's going on. Hormone testing may also be beneficial to you, due to the fact that it is just recently occurring at this time In your life, But you seem super healthy and hygienic, so thats awesome!