Very Sensitive yet ...

Notifications
Clear all

Very Sensitive yet very oily skin; are there any solutions?

MemberMember
(@joe1066)

Posted : 04/11/2016 1:58 pm

I've been meaning to create a post on this for a long time but never got round to it.

Anyhow I have extremely oily skin, like once I've been in the shower I'll wash my face using a sensitive face wash then I'll moisturise. After about 1 hour my face is getting really greasy and it just gets worse throughout the day. I can't use products targeted at oily skin because believe it or not it just causes my skin to become extremely tight (even causing a small amount of eczema around my lips) then produce even more oil then it would if I didn't use a face wash at all. I use aveeno lotion to moisturise my skin as so far it is the only thing that doesn't leave me with flaking oily skin, just oily skin.

I used to use clearasil daily clear sensitive face wash which kept my skin more or less perfect, now they've changed the formula and product and it's horrendous. I need help to find a new sensitive face wash which will help keep away the oil but also not irritate my face.

Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/11/2016 5:52 pm

I used the Cetaphil oil control foaming wash for my back acne and it helped tremendously. It has zinc in it and no other acne meds (salicylic acid, BP, etc.) which I find makes it really gently. Maybe something to research! Good luck!

DeLovely and Joe1066 liked
MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 04/23/2016 11:35 am

use clay masks

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 04/26/2016 5:12 pm

On 23 april 2016 at 6:35 PM, honeyhon said:

use clay masks

I don't think there is any proof whatsoever that this works.

Don't really see the point in posting these types of comments, to be honest. I know you're trying to help out, but suggesting methods that don't have any realistic chance of working is quite pointless and, in some cases, dangerous because the methods could actually cause damage.

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 04/27/2016 4:29 am

10 hours ago, vincevega said:
I don't think there is any proof whatsoever that this works.

Don't really see the point in posting these types of comments, to be honest. I know you're trying to help out, but suggesting methods that don't have any realistic chance of working is quite pointless and, in some cases, dangerous because the methods could actually cause damage.

i thot i can help ppl out and connect with ppl suffering from somewhat similar condition lyk mine... but now this is really bad.... i mean in one of a thread i suggested a prsn to use aloevera for clogged pores bcz dat worked for me... and there were ppl against my suggestion....
just bcz it didnt work for them doesnt mean it would not work for any other person....
i was suggesting using clay masks bcz it is good for oily skin ppl.. go search on google uh will find that....and also there are many clay masks available for sensitive skin so how can it be dangerous? i didnt specify any company's clay mask... joe1066 can use whatever suits him/ her... so how can my suggestion/comment be dangerous??
also i never suggest anyone to use any harsh chemical on their face like most of the ppl here ... i always suggest them home remedies which are way more better than the harsh or ''DANGEROUS'' chemicals.... for that matter.. why dont you go and tell those ppl...
and who told you dat clay maks dont work?
just go search on google...

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 04/27/2016 11:41 pm

19 hours ago, honeyhon said:
i thot i can help ppl out and connect with ppl suffering from somewhat similar condition lyk mine... but now this is really bad.... i mean in one of a thread i suggested a prsn to use aloevera for clogged pores bcz dat worked for me... and there were ppl against my suggestion....
just bcz it didnt work for them doesnt mean it would not work for any other person....
i was suggesting using clay masks bcz it is good for oily skin ppl.. go search on google uh will find that....and also there are many clay masks available for sensitive skin so how can it be dangerous? i didnt specify any company's clay mask... joe1066 can use whatever suits him/ her... so how can my suggestion/comment be dangerous??
also i never suggest anyone to use any harsh chemical on their face like most of the ppl here ... i always suggest them home remedies which are way more better than the harsh or ''DANGEROUS'' chemicals.... for that matter.. why dont you go and tell those ppl...
and who told you dat clay maks dont work?
just go search on google...

clay mask is a wonderful suggestion!

honeyhon liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 04/28/2016 1:13 am

Clay masks do work.

honeyhon liked
MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 04/29/2016 10:43 am

I'm in the same boat and clay masks actually dried out my skin way to much and caused tightness and irritation.

I can only speak from my own experience and you may not like the sound of it, but I found the best cleanser for my face is micellar water, which is just a bit of water with glycerin and a mild detergent like any other face wash, except you dobt need to use it with tap water... You just put a small bit on a cotton pad and swipe ypur face a few pads at a time until they come clean. If you're like me and even tap water makes you feel tight, it ld be brilliant for you. Plus you can take a bottle and some cotton pads with you and do a quick cleanse anytime and anywhere when you feel greasy.

My favourite one is eucerin 3 in 1 micellar water because it doesn't leave a residue, but a lot of brands have cheaper alternatives.

Oh, I tried bioderma sebium micellar water which is designed specifically for acne prone skin and it was also very pleasant.

MemberMember
(@kinglytiger)

Posted : 05/06/2016 11:31 pm

Maybe you should try the Aveeno Foaming wash since you've been using the moisturizer and it helps. I switched from Cetaphil to Aveeno about 3 months ago and just recently in the last few weeks my skin has been completely rejecting it and I have no clue why...but when it was working my face was really clear! now I have light break outs all over the place along with lovely itching lol.

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 05/09/2016 1:12 am

On 28 april 2016 at 8:13 AM, oyinkan98 said:

Clay masks do work.

Clay masks make someone's skin less oily? Any proof for that?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 05/09/2016 10:14 am

9 hours ago, vincevega said:

It does dry out the skin actually. I have no proof per say. I'm talking based on experience, I moisturize afterwards.

MemberMember
(@vincevega)

Posted : 05/09/2016 11:20 am

1 hour ago, oyinkan98 said:
10 hours ago, vincevega said:

It does dry out the skin actually. I have no proof per say. I'm talking based on experience, I moisturize afterwards.

Drying out the skin is not the same as making it less oily. In fact, drying out your skin can be dangerous. But it has no effect on sebum production.

This type of advice helps nobody, to be honest.

Joe1066 liked