Notifications
Clear all

Natural treatments for acne scars on cheek?

MemberMember
(@lukyungkkham)

Posted : 04/04/2016 7:25 pm

The rest of my face is pretty clear except for my left cheek which has dark scar spots from the acne. (Btw does anyone know if this is a specific type of scarring? Hyperpigmentation??)
Any natural methods for tackling this..? (I heard olive oil at night is good... Also apple cider vinegar? Raw Aloe Vera leaf?)
image.jpeg.ee88982ca87b52924228350f500a5
For my bacne I've started using Nautrogena Body clear body wash... What can I use with it? Is iodized sea salt water okay to use? I don't have non-iodized.. :c also benzoyl peroxide on my back seems to be really irritating it so what can I do? (Perscripted 5%)

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 04/04/2016 8:48 pm

Many acne scars will disappear on their own. So the best home remedy is "tincture of time" i.e. being patient and use sunscreens to reduce so - called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. For remaining scars you should see a dermatologist for lasers, peels and some prescriptions etc. For "bacne" washes with benzoyl peroxide are usually used, but you will need to see a dermatologist for the best option.

I wish you all the best and let's keep fighting acne together!

Vise

MemberMember
(@awebb)

Posted : 04/21/2016 9:25 am

Yes that appears to be hyperpigmentation. I too have had an issue with it.
A natural remedy I use after I wash my face is put lemon juice on the spots, leave on forabout 15-20 mins, make sure it drys completely on your face before washing it off.
Apply1-2 times a day until the spots lighten, it usually takes a few weeks at least to really see results. Just make sure you moisturize well afterwards since the lemon is drying.BTW I wash my face twice a day with RAW honey, which is a great antibacterial cleanser also make sure you use the juice of an actual lemon and not the bottled kind.
Truly hope this helps - acne spots / scarsare a hugepain!

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 04/23/2016 9:38 am

uh can use honey.... it helps you get rid of acne as well as scars.... but uh may get an initial breakout...
bcz it brings out gunk to thesurface....
else use neem oil... which helped me getting rid of cheek scars but make sure to mix it with a carrier oil...
ol d best!