Notifications
Clear all

What is the best treatment for Rolling Scars? (With Photos)

MemberMember
(@budah)

Posted : 04/04/2016 6:39 pm

Would really love some feedback from a dermatologist but any feedback is welcomed. I've only had one very light fraxel laser treatment, and to be totally honest it didn't have much effect. 

This is two years post-accutane. I've accepted my scarring emotionally but at the same time, this is something that I would be really happy to not have to worry about at the ripe age of 20. I would be so thankful to just be able to be free from this once and for all. 

If anyone has scarring similar to mine and has received treatment I'm really interested about your experience/procedure.
Please include before and after photos, if you have them.

I'm wondering if it's even physically possible to improve my scars. If it isn't, I would love to accept it and move on from this.
But if there is some kind of miracle treatment I would be very relieved. 

--
T

IMG_3934.JPG

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 04/04/2016 8:53 pm

Your scars are treatable - some combination of subcision with Nokor needle combined with more Fraxel or CO2 laser treatments and microneedling can help a lot. So, please find some dermatologist in your area doing these procedures.

I wish you all the best and I am looking forward to seeing some update on your situation on this forum so that we all can learn from it!
Vise

Budah liked
MemberMember
(@mastertest)

Posted : 05/09/2016 8:36 pm

i have similar scarring and don't want to make them or my overall skin worse by treating them with expensive treatments, looking for a safe and effective treatment but theres so much info out there but not really 100% clear info, have you tried an AHA OR BHA

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/09/2016 10:27 pm

Im not a derm but Ive had lasers done before. Fraxel really wont do much on a low setting, but it is pretty effective on the higher power settings.

Vices advice here is good (as always).

MemberMember
(@budah)

Posted : 07/08/2016 1:01 pm

On April 4, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Viseslav Tonkovic-Capin said:

Your scars are treatable - some combination of subcision with Nokor needle combined with more Fraxel or CO2 laser treatments and microneedling can help a lot. So, please find some dermatologist in your area doing these procedures.

I wish you all the best and I am looking forward to seeing some update on your situation on this forum so that we all can learn from it!
Vise

Hi! I'm just now seeing this response. Thanks so much. I just received an aggressive treatment of ablative c02 resurfacing.
The fraxel that I had a year back did little to nothing, but this treatment seems to have doe a lot more.

My surgeon did a fat graft on my cheeks as well, do you know anything about that?

If you know about this treatment, I would love your feedback on the album I'll post in a moment.

-Tess

MemberMember
(@jennyg444)

Posted : 07/08/2016 4:25 pm

Please keep us updated, and if you can post a photo when you are healed in a month, it would help many of us with the same scars. Also if you don't get perfect results you can do some subscision. As i think you have the potential to get pretty good skin as your scars are not that bad.

MemberMember
(@viseslav-tonkovic-capin)

Posted : 07/11/2016 3:55 pm

On 7/8/2016 at 1:01 PM, budah said:
Hi! I'm just now seeing this response. Thanks so much. I just received an aggressive treatment of ablative c02 resurfacing.
The fraxel that I had a year back did little to nothing, but this treatment seems to have doe a lot more.

My surgeon did a fat graft on my cheeks as well, do you know anything about that?

If you know about this treatment, I would love your feedback on the album I'll post in a moment.

-Tess

I do not do fat grafts or transfer since it may be very unpredictable- may last from a few months to several years. So the best would be that you ask your surgeon about her (his) experience.
Best!

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/13/2016 6:45 pm

Don't want to sound like a creep but you have really pretty eyes,OP! *runs away like a shy little boy*

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@raptorpilot)

Posted : 07/13/2016 7:02 pm

On 7/8/2016 at 11:01 AM, budah said:

-Tess

Hi Tess, who was your surgeon?

MemberMember
(@budah)

Posted : 07/15/2016 2:52 pm

On July 13, 2016 at 8:02 PM, RaptorPilot said:
Hi Tess, who was your surgeon?

On July 11, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Viseslav Tonkovic-Capin said:
I do not do fat grafts or transfer since it may be very unpredictable- may last from a few months to several years. So the best would be that you ask your surgeon about her (his)  experience. 
Best!

Here are my results with the Profractional XC laser to cheek + Fat grafting. I am 8 days post-op and thrilled!! I'm still swollen and have some healing to do, but I'm super happy with the results. My surgeon is Miles Graivier. Atlanta, Georgia. 

unnamed-6.jpg

unnamed.jpg

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 07/15/2016 3:25 pm

Swelling from laser can last up to a couple months, but it looks like you should get a positive long term result.

Youre attractive either way imo. Keep us updated.

MemberMember
(@equippedjar)

Posted : 07/15/2016 6:33 pm

No one in their right mind is gonna care about your scarring. I don't usually find it so but your (very mild) scars make you look more interesting in an attractive way.

Budah and Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 07/16/2016 1:32 pm

I don't have anything productive to add about treatment but I just wanted to say you're gorgeous.

MemberMember
(@arte90)

Posted : 07/16/2016 1:41 pm

Hey Budah, did you have a fractionated ablative co2 laser treatment or an old school non-fractionated ablative co2 laser treatment?

MemberMember
(@fleurverte)

Posted : 07/16/2016 3:04 pm

Thank you budah for the update!!! Your scars improved so much!! Let us know if fat grafting/transfer is the way, definitely I am very curious 🙂

MemberMember
(@russel)

Posted : 07/17/2016 11:42 am

Hey budah, I'm in Atlanta too and had a few questions about the procedure and stuff if you don't mind answering them

1. What made you choose Dr. Gravier over the other options near Atlanta?
2. How much was the procedure?
3. How exactly does the fat grafting part of the procedure work?

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/17/2016 11:46 pm

Keep us updated please! I want to know how much improvement there is after the swelling goes down and most of the healing is done. 

Stay strong

MemberMember
(@angelinna)

Posted : 11/06/2016 6:48 pm

On July 15, 2016 at 0:52 PM, budah said:

Here are my results with the Profractional XC laser to cheek + Fat grafting. I am 8 days post-op and thrilled!! I'm still swollen and have some healing to do, but I'm super happy with the results. My surgeon is Miles Graivier. Atlanta, Georgia.

How are you doing Tess, do you like the results so far? Any improvement? I'm thinking about getting a laser procedure done, but don't know if I should go for it.

MemberMember
(@budah)

Posted : 01/10/2017 9:14 pm

On July 15, 2016 at 4:33 PM, EquippedJar said:

No one in their right mind is gonna care about your scarring. I don't usually find it so but your (very mild) scars make you look more interesting in an attractive way.

This comment helped me in ways I can't even explain. You're so kind for commenting! 

On July 17, 2016 at 9:42 AM, Russel said:

Hey budah, I'm in Atlanta too and had a few questions about the procedure and stuff if you don't mind answering them

1. What made you choose Dr. Gravier over the other options near Atlanta?
2. How much was the procedure?
3. How exactly does the fat grafting part of the procedure work?

I chose Graivier because he did the same procedure on my mom about ten years ago. And she was always happy with his work. 
He is really caring surgeon and so are his nurses.. 

The fat grafting involved taking fat from my stomach and injecting into the hollows of my scars and cheeks.. It leveled out and evened my face, I'm really happy with that part. To be honest I was mortified at first and thought I looked like a hamster. It took about 5 months for the swelling to totally go away, and now I love it. 

Update for anyone who is interested!!

My swelling has gone down and this is 6 months post-op. 
It took about that much time for the redness + swelling to go minimize. 

I'm ultimately super content with the results. The fat grafting that my surgeon did mortified me at first because my cheeks felt HUGE but after giving it time, my face looks so much more symmetrical and my scars are much less prominent. 

I do want to add that I am a smoker.. I smoke quite a lot. My results would probably be better if that wasn't the case. 
But at this point, I'm at peace with my skin and I've given up the years of worry that have gone into it. 

I absolutely recommend my surgeon to anyone in the Atlanta area! 

Feel free to message me or comment with any questions. 
IMG_4263.JPG

IMG_4264.JPG

MemberMember
(@kat22)

Posted : 01/24/2017 10:01 pm

Great results, and wow! You are so pretty!! Even before your improvement with the scars. They did nothing to hide your true beauty.

MemberMember
(@motherofms)

Posted : 02/08/2017 5:36 am

Wow!!!! I am so happy for you. Great results!

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 04/26/2017 4:26 am

Your skin looks vibrant and improved

MemberMember
(@jamesl)

Posted : 01/03/2019 11:44 pm

Hey @budahjust curious on how your skin is looking after two years??

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/04/2019 11:36 am

She left a update I believe on realself, for her update, I think it's under Dr Sandove. Says the fat did not last and things got worse, ... I believeshe also smoke(smoked).

MemberMember
(@budah)

Posted : 02/01/2019 9:28 pm

On 1/3/2019 at 8:44 PM, JamesL said:

Hey @budah just curious on how your skin is looking after two years??

It's good! The accutane completely cured my acne. The c02 laser made the biggest difference for my scars but I don't recommend getting fat grafting... My face is much fuller and I would rather have my natural contour! I learn to accept my scarring a little more everyday :) They will never be completely gone and that's ok