Notifications
Clear all

Taking a break from accutane

MemberMember
(@pinkyxox)

Posted : 03/30/2016 6:19 pm

I won't go too much into detail but I was on accutane (or roaccutane) from early september to early february this year. Basically therewas a miscommunication between my hospital/derm and me, which meant that I thought I had finished my course in february, but actually I was meant to have had an appointment and been giving a prescription for more roaccutane. Realised this when I finally saw my derm this week - he has given me a prescription for the next month, but I'm a bit worried because I've now had a 2 month break from roaccutane.

So my question is - since most the roaccutane is out of your system a month after you stop taking it, is there any point in me starting it again? Does this count as part of the same course or is this just going to be a bit of a pointless short course now?

Thanks for reading! xxx

MemberMember
(@kimber607)

Posted : 03/30/2016 8:36 pm

when i was having issues my derm suggested stopping and cant remember if she said if you still for 2 or 4 weeks and start again its like you never stopped
do u know your cum dose?
in 5 mnths you may have taken enough

MemberMember
(@pinkyxox)

Posted : 03/31/2016 9:21 am

Thanks for the reply kimber607 :)

I've actually stopped it for about 2 months now, so is that a bit too long?

I think my cum dose is just under 120mg/kg. If i start taking the roaccutane again now, will it count towards that cum dose or will I have to start counting again from 0?