Week 1 dry skin. He...

Notifications
Clear all

Week 1 dry skin. Help!

MemberMember
(@sarahlou)

Posted : 03/18/2016 5:13 pm

I was hoping if someone could tell me if this is to be expected. I just finished my first week, all acne.org products, followed instructions to the letter. My skin is so dry and stiff, like sandpaper, I can't even move my face. I use the moisturizer with plenty of jojoba oil and I only use a pea size amount of BP. I've always had really sensitive skin. Does this sound normal for just starting to use BP or is this maybe too dry and maybe some sort of reaction? No redness and the stinging stopped after a few days. Just crazy dry. No amount of the moisturizer is making a difference.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/23/2016 3:44 pm

Hi SarahLou,

Sounds like you are going through a hard time with the Acne.org Regimen products. Dryness and irritation is to be expected within the first few weeks when you begin with The Regimen 3 step system but rest assured that this is perfectly normal and it will eventually go away. You may use the Acne.org Moisturizer as often as needed or you may also add in 5-6 drops of the Jojoba Oil to the Moisturizer for added moisture.

You may also stop using the Acne.org Treatment for a few days and wait until your skin calms down and then begin again withonly a pea sized amount of the Treatment, once a day for the entire week. By week two, you may use the pea sized Treatment twice a day and very slowly ramp up the dosage of the Treatment until your skin can tolerate the full amount of the product.

I know it's tough at the beginning. Just be patient and we guarantee that you will eventually clear up.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@quantumquan)

Posted : 04/04/2016 1:02 am

That's totally normal. Your skin isn't red, so that is a good sign. Remember to take it slow on the BP. The first week I accidentally used 2 pumps and my face was flaking off, BAD (but it did reduce the huge pimples I had drastically). I have very sensitive skin as well, and would recommend only using it once at night.

A simple formula for how acne works.Irritation = acne.

If your face is that dry, I'd stop the BP for a day or 2. Then slowly begin using it again after the dryness subsides.

Try applying moisturizer, letting it dry, then revisiting again with more moisturizer (make sure to use jojoba oil if you have it) to combat the dryness/flakiness. This worked well for me, and my face has been looking perfectly moisturized as opposed to dry and flaky since I have started doing this.