Notifications
Clear all

Progress Report....

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 03/17/2016 1:58 pm

I wanted to give you all an update. After nearly 16 years of untreated acne, (mind you Ive had it since I was ten) I am seeing progress. However Im still experience alot of discrmination. The good thing is that I know Im doing something about my skin and hopefully within the next 3 months I will see a HUGE improvement. Until then I will feel at least better knowing that Im improving. Back in December I had eight giant cysts on my face. If anything, I can rejoice that they are gone. Since December 8th I have been taking birth control pills, using Clindamyacin/Benzoyl Peroxide and Tretoin Cream. I wash with Cetaphil cleanser twice per day. I have not missed a night of applying my creams to my face and I only missed taking my bc pill twice. It feels good not to rush home and cover my face in over the counter zit cream or use drying cleansers that get stuck in the holes in my skin.
I wish I could say the discrimination has gone away, it has lessened a bit. People will still choose not to sit next to me on the train. That hurts. Also when you have a skin condition people treat you like you are dirty. Yesterday a friend was being "extra" when cleaning off the phone etc when she used the work station I had just used. I didnt really talk to her for most of the day because I thought she was going overboard. Whether intentional or unintentional, you get labeled as dirty. Other than that things are looking up at work. People dont act as if they are afraid to be near me. I feel like part of the team, but there are still some that are rude. Im just happy to be making progress. I hope by June, I will have completely clear skin again .like I did when I was 9, when this all began.

Y110289, Jazzguy, jensweetone and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@ichhasseakne)

Posted : 03/24/2016 5:35 pm

I hope that you achieve better skin by June also! You certainly have been through a lot.

bumpee liked
MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 03/27/2016 3:44 pm

Thank you for your kind words..I'm not making the progress at the rate I want. I just don't want to have to see people react to my skin. Whether. It's staring or rubbing or scratching their face . I just want to be normal. Is that too much to ask

MemberMember
(@jensweetone)

Posted : 03/28/2016 6:19 pm

Love to hear you are doing better and feeling better! keep at it!

MemberMember
(@bumpee)

Posted : 03/30/2016 9:54 pm

Jensweetone, you are an inspiration. Your skin looks so pretty. I lterally have a crater face. Even when I take a close up on my phone, it looks like craters. I dont think I will ever be attractive again.