Notifications
Clear all

Natural sugars in fruit

MemberMember
(@fantasticden)

Posted : 03/13/2016 9:50 am

I have been using my new nutribullet i got for christmas and after not eating much fruit at all in fact next to none through the winter I am now craming them full of berries and bananas most mornings. I have noticed my face is now breaking out in alot of spots and thinking back I always used to suffer with bad skin and I always used to eat alot of fruit.
I am almost sure this is the reason I get spots but would like to know how I can monitor of whether itshe comman for others ? I Monitor my sugar intake and keep it down but am a suckered for chocolate extrabut i definalty think the sugar in fruit make my skin worse ? Thanks

MemberMember
(@acupoframen)

Posted : 03/14/2016 6:58 pm

Berries are particularly with respect for pesticide contamination. Did you try buying organic berries? Berries are a great food for acne due to their antioxidant content but it's important for you to eat organic berries.
I would also recommend against eating ripe bananas. It's better for you to eat them slightly green. The sugar content increases very quickly once they are ripened.
Also if the chocolate extra isn't a medical necessity I would suggest against drinking it. You could be sensitive to dairy and the sugar certainly won't help. You could try a higher quality 85+% dark chocolate bar (no cheap ingredients like soy lecithin). It's full of antioxidants and can help with the chocolate cravings.

MemberMember
(@kb1693)

Posted : 03/26/2016 4:57 pm

Diet is main cause of my acne and fruits do not make it worse. I can eat all fruits and do not breakout from them. What else are you eating other than fruits, still eating dairy? wheat/gluten? foods which contain preservatives/chemicals?

I can't say conclusively that for you fruit doesn't cause you to breakout, but I would suggest you eliminate all other possible factors first, then if you are still breaking out while eating fruit then you could reasonably conclude one or more fruits are causing you to break out.

chocolate regardless if it is darkhas been shown to cause breakouts, even 70%.. 80% dark chocolate... stop eating it. you could be eating chocolate and fruit on the same day, breaking out the next, but you think it's the fruit, when infact it could well be the chocolate, that's why it's important to eliminate all of the other possible causes first, fruit I would categorize as low risk (unless you have an allergy to a specific fruit)and chocolate of any variety very high, eliminate all high risk foods... dairy, wheat/gluten, anything that contains chemicals/preservatives, if it isn't natural, don't eat it.