Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone,

I read about using AHA in the morning and Benzoyl Peroxide at night, as for some people it can give your skin a more hydrated look and help with flaking! I was wondering if anyone had tried this and how exactly you go about doing that. In other words, for the morning routine, do you mix 1/2 AHA with 1/2 moisturizer, or just do the AHA alone followed by your typical sunscreen? 

Thanks for any input! :) 

I actually hate AHA. Makes flaking worse for me! But if you aren't that sensitive to it, you can mix 1/2 AHA+ and 1/2 Moisturizer, and add 1/3 of a teaspoon of sunscreen right in. Then mix. Do this in the morning. I used to do it, and it's pretty awesome (apart from the flaking that it caused me).

AHA @ in the morning and BP @ night may be enough to keep your skin clear, but I still would apply BP twice/day. At night use regular Moisturizer without AHA & sunscreen.

Edited by Ishayat
Fixed the link

On 3/9/2016 at 6:10 AM, CP. said:

I actually hate AHA. Makes flaking worse for me! But if you aren't that sensitive to it, you can mix 1/2 AHA+ and 1/2 Moisturizer, and add 1/3 of a teaspoon of sunscreen right in. Then mix. Do this in the morning. I used to do it, and it's pretty awesome (apart from the flaking that it caused me).

AHA @ in the morning and BP @ night may be enough to keep your skin clear, but I still would apply BP twice/day. At night use regular Moisturizer without AHA & sunscreen.

Awesome, thank you CP!! Wow, I'm so sorry it took me this long to reply :smileys_n_people_34: I really do appreciate your help! :D Will definitely look at trying this out...I had been using 1/2 AHA mixed with 1/2 moisturizer at night sometimes, and it has been working and helping with hydration/flakes!

Thanks again!

Take Care :)

Edited by Ishayat
Fixed the link