Notifications
Clear all

New Goal: DON'T TOUCH FACE AT ALL

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 03/07/2016 7:34 pm

So after being diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and OCD, I knew I had to change. With the help of therapy and personal support from my mom, I went from a face full of scabs to almost no picking at all in about one month. YAY! So much improvement. However, I still touch my face several times a day. Very gently, with clean hands only, but I still touch, which can very rarely lead to picking/flaking. This is my last step in my "stop picking" journey. Is anyone else past the more serious picking phase, and can offer advice for just not touching your face? I feel like I do it subconsciously and I feel like its harmless because it usually doesn't damage my skin. But I am starting Accutane next week and I cannot afford to pick/touch my face AT ALL until then.

Thank you!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/30/2016 9:03 pm

Well I touch my face always looking for spots which I shouldn't then I pick I have learned to to not do it as much but if I have a big spot I always rub my hand over it I try to feel if it's ready to pop which sounds disgusting but I can't go out with a big pimple then I make it look worse, I have mild to moderate acne have a doctors appointment tommorow never made one so let's see what they say. Good luck on that accutane I hope it works out for you

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/03/2016 7:07 pm

On 3/31/2016 at 9:03 PM, Hassan199357 said:

Well I touch my face always looking for spots which I shouldn't then I pick I have learned to to not do it as much but if I have a big spot I always rub my hand over it I try to feel if it's ready to pop which sounds disgusting but I can't go out with a big pimple then I make it look worse, I have mild to moderate acne have a doctors appointment tommorow never made one so let's see what they say. Good luck on that accutane I hope it works out for you

Good luck at your derm appt! I had a pretty bad picking relapse about a week ago and have now started a no-picking log on my computer that I write in literally 3 times a day. Since then I have only lightly picked once. It has helped so much. It has also stopped me from getting new pimples, which I think were brought on from the stress of picking. Now I am dealing with stubborn blackheads and hyper pigmentation. Stoppickingonme.com was literally a God send for me! Check it out.