Notifications
Clear all

Why do marks fade in the morning?

MemberMember
(@facialdream25)

Posted : 03/06/2016 3:51 pm

I've always noticed this every day when i get up and look in the mirror my marks look so faded and by nighttime they are very red. Any explanation for it? It's very annoying since it makes me think my face is getting better only to see it at night all red again.

MemberMember
(@notskindeep)

Posted : 03/09/2016 2:30 am

Maybe sun exposure?
thats all i can think of

MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 03/09/2016 12:40 pm

Perhaps because when you sleep your heart rate drops, so there won't be as much blood flow to your skin when you wake up. The redness in some areas may be due to the thinness of skin in scarred areas showing blood flow underneath.

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 03/09/2016 6:22 pm

I don't really have an answer for you, but I just wanted to say that I'm in the exact same boat with you. I do just the same as you do, and I always get a little excited in the morning when I see they are more faded, haha. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who notices this!
The only things I could think of would what d00little said, or maybe just because you've been in the dark for a long time and your eyes just haven't adjusted to the lights? Maybe it has to do with sun/light exposure as well.

MemberMember
(@bluedog88)

Posted : 03/10/2016 4:21 pm

your body temp is lowest at night/morning and rises during the day. so skin will look less red when you wake up

MemberMember
(@badhan)

Posted : 03/22/2016 11:52 am

Perhaps you have post inflammatory erythema (PIE)? This threadand this Reddit discussion both give good descriptions and information.

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 03/22/2016 11:20 pm

In the morning, my skin is always more plump. I think it just has to do with lying down flat. For redness, I've managed to get rid of it by going grain free.