Notifications
Clear all

First EVER Jawline Breakout (scared)

MemberMember
(@summaryoxygen)

Posted : 02/27/2016 4:04 pm

Okay so I have mild acne on my forehead, and around my mouth for about 3 years. Yes, its stubborn but I've kept it under control. This is enough to get me down, but the other day I noticed an under the skin spot on my jawline which made me panic as I now jawline acne can be horrible. Then the next day, there was another. I don't think I cleanse the area but I've always been fine until now. I don't want to put BP on them as I think they will go on their own. Does anyone have any tips to stop any more from forming as I know how quickly they can spread?

Info- 15 year old girl, mild acne since 12, take calcium,magnesium,zinc,vitamin d

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 02/28/2016 2:20 pm

22 hours ago, SummaryOxygen said:

Okay so I have mild acne on my forehead, and around my mouth for about 3 years. Yes, its stubborn but I've kept it under control. This is enough to get me down, but the other day I noticed an under the skin spot on my jawline which made me panic as I now jawline acne can be horrible. Then the next day, there was another. I don't think I cleanse the area but I've always been fine until now. I don't want to put BP on them as I think they will go on their own. Does anyone have any tips to stop any more from forming as I know how quickly they can spread?

Info- 15 year old girl, mild acne since 12, take calcium,magnesium,zinc,vitamin d

This sounds very similiar to what happen to me, and to make things worse, people (including myself) forgot to cleanse in that area as it was never a problem until a few years into having acne. Just try to get into the habit of cleansing that area whenever you cleanse the rest of your face as best as you can. Personally, acne around the jawline is horrible, like you mentioned, and is quite stubborn for me to get rid of, so the best method of action would definitely be prevention before it happens. I would suggest applying a little bit of benzoyl peroxide (just a tiny dab, as that area of your skin is not adjusted to BP as the rest of your face) and that may help speed up the process.

Best of luck!