Extreme dryness, sw...

Notifications
Clear all

Extreme dryness, swollen red face, face completely peeling

MemberMember
(@songbirdwacne)

Posted : 02/27/2016 4:20 am

Hi fellow acne sufferers, I started the regimen almost 4 weeks ago and I am experiencing extreme extreme, redness, tight skin, swelling, cracking and skin constantly peeling off from dryness. I follow the regimen very strictly (cleanse gently, bp, then 2 full pumps of moisturizer). The first week, I started with a small about of bp, then slowy ramped up to 1 full pump day and night. I have probably been doing the one full pump day and night for 4 days and my skin is freaking out. My breakouts are definitely getting better but because of the current state of my face, I find it very hard to feel comfortable in public..

Did I move too quickly? Was my dosage increase not even and slow enough? I guess I have very sensitive skin. I don't want to regress (use less bp) but am afraid I'll have to if it doesn't get better.

Any advice or tips would be soooo appreciated!

Thank you!

Also, I have been using a ton of jojoba as well.

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 02/28/2016 5:56 pm

Sounds like you should try cutting back to once a dayor tothe smaller amount at each treatment on the bp. You should be able to do that without losing the improvements you've made and see if you can settle on an amount or dose regime that doesn't irritate so much.

MemberMember
(@songbirdwacne)

Posted : 02/29/2016 4:47 am

10 hours ago, Jazzguy said:

Sounds like you should try cutting back to once a dayor tothe smaller amount at each treatment on the bp. You should be able to do that without losing the improvements you've made and see if you can settle on an amount or dose regime that doesn't irritate so much.

Thanks for the advice!