Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NicolletteMariaa

Anyone have experience with closed comedones?!

Hi! i'm turning to this because I cannot get rid of my closed comedones. i'm not even going to list my skincare routine right now.... I'm JUST wondering if anyone has had experience with this frustrating things. I don't get many pimples anymore, i just have a decent amount of closed comedones on my cheeks mainly.. A little on my forehead. I'm guessing it's from makeup foundation i've worn. But i cannot get them to go away. I started a new routine with AHA and BHA and i've had some improvement, but at the same time it also seems like i've developed a tad more? Could this be purging? Does purging happen with CC's? AND ONE MORE QUESTION. If they do purge and come to a whitehead or something, do you pop them? Everyone says not to but i don't understand how they'll go away if you don't. THANKS EVERYONE!

Give your new routine a couple of months to really work for you. It could be your skin just purging. The key is balance...make sure you use a good moisturizer when you are on your BHA and AHA.

As far as popping goes...I do it when I get a pimple. 
Here is a good tutorial of how to pop your pimple safely. http://www.acne.org/pop-a-pimple.html