Notifications
Clear all

Is my acne hormonal? I'm really sad

MemberMember
(@sarahyhg)

Posted : 02/07/2016 7:16 pm

Hello! I'm 17 years old and I'm struggling with pimples on my chin and on the sides of my chin. It's not cystic acne, just regular pimples and most of them start as small clogged pores. I'm so sad because one year ago I used to have almost flawless skin and now I just hate it. I've always been really thin so no weight gain, no irregular periods and no excess body and facial hair (or at least the hair level doesn't bother me), it's just pimples that won't go away. One or two heal completely then in the next few days, there's another one appearing. I've read some things about pcos but I'm not really sure, is it possible to have just pimples as a pcos symptom? Please help me.

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 02/08/2016 2:47 pm

Hi sarahyhg,
I also struggle with pimples mainly on my chin/around my mouth area. I'm also thin and dont have any other pcos symptoms. Do you find the pimples get worse/better any particular time? I find my skin starts to get worse 2 weeks leading up to my period. I read that this could indicate hormonal issues - specifically estrogen dominance. I have been trying a product called Estroblock which contains a natural substance found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage etc. Its supposed to help the liver detox "bad" estrogens from the body. I have found it helping so far so will keep experimenting. I'll let everyone know if i have success with it.
If you are concerned about pcos or hormonal imbalance you could ask your doctor for a test. They will probably try to prescribe you birth control pill, but if you want more natural options you could try working with a naturopath?? Another option might be to work on your diet which helps some people - cut down on sugar/processed food.