Notifications
Clear all

Can you suction too much after subcision?

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 02/06/2016 7:46 pm

Can the procedure of suctioning be done too often after subcision? I had my first subcision done with co2 laser and prp last monday. I purchased a microdermabrasion suction device and took out the exfoliation tip. I am in love with the process and potential improvement with suctioning. I did wait 4 days before suctioning since my skin had laser. Is it safe to suction every day or can too much suctioning have a reverse effect?
Thanks

MemberMember
(@ponason)

Posted : 02/07/2016 4:09 am

The role of suctioning is to prvent re-thetering, induce repeated hemorhage ,delay healing.
I think you should do the suctioning as long as you don't feel pain. Don't be scared by brusing, swelling as those seem to be beneficial. I also had a subcision 4 days ago and started suctioning on day 2. Good luck !

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 02/07/2016 8:10 am

Thanks. I just hope I didn't wait too long to start the suctioning. I got my subcision on Friday and waited until the following Thursday to do the suctioning.

MemberMember
(@ponason)

Posted : 02/07/2016 8:12 am

First 2 weeks are essential to do the suctioning, so I think you're still okay 🙂

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 02/07/2016 8:35 am

23 minutes ago, ponason said:

First 2 weeks are essential to do the suctioning, so I think you're still okay :)

Thanks. Think I will suction as much as I can. :)

MemberMember
(@moon123)

Posted : 12/14/2017 12:37 pm

How did it work out for you all?