Notifications
Clear all

No results on accutane

MemberMember
(@valerie1987)

Posted : 02/02/2016 8:05 pm

I'm starting my second month of accutane and I'm not seeing any results :(. I know it takes time, but I thought by now that I would see some kind of progress!! I don't even have dry skin and my lips were only chapped for the first week. im happy I don't have the side effects, but I feel like maybe it isn't working for me. Does anyone know when i should start clearing up?

MemberMember
(@stiffchocolate)

Posted : 02/02/2016 8:15 pm

Should notice a difference by the 3rd month but not always. Accuatne is a major roller coaster I'm approaching my 5th month and still not much progress tbh. Just ignore your face and continue taking your pills. You'll wake up one day happy with your progress!! It clears faster than expected

Although some tips I have to help accuatne do its thing are:
-drink green tea and coconut water
-super dose on veggies. I can't stress the importance of this
-drink loads of water a day
-minimise/cut out dairy
-take your tablets immediately after a big meal-I think this is why my acne hasn't improved much as the first month I took my pills on an empty stomach
-wash face daily with gentle cleanser and exfoliate when you feel necessary
-use a oil free moisturiser daily
hope this helps-stiffchocolate

MemberMember
(@valerie1987)

Posted : 02/02/2016 9:54 pm

1 hour ago, Stiffchocolate said:

Should notice a difference by the 3rd month but not always. Accuatne is a major roller coaster I'm approaching my 5th month and still not much progress tbh. Just ignore your face and continue taking your pills. You'll wake up one day happy with your progress!! It clears faster than expected

Although some tips I have to help accuatne do its thing are:
-drink green tea and coconut water
-super dose on veggies. I can't stress the importance of this
-drink loads of water a day
-minimise/cut out dairy
-take your tablets immediately after a big meal-I think this is why my acne hasn't improved much as the first month I took my pills on an empty stomach
-wash face daily with gentle cleanser and exfoliate when you feel necessary 
-use a oil free moisturiser daily 
hope this helps-stiffchocolate

Yeah I think my problem is that I haven't been taking it with food.  I didn't realize that it didn't work as well if you took it on an empty stomach.  I thought the box only said take with food because if you took it in an empty stomach you would feel sick.  I was like oh I feel fine so I'll take it with no food...  But now I'm seeing that it doesn't work well if you don't.  Thanks for the advice!! :)