Notifications
Clear all

Big acne problem!

MemberMember
(@mrziplock)

Posted : 01/31/2016 7:43 pm

When I first got acne it made my face a bit red and dry so I went to a dermatologist and they told me to use a moisturizer. I started using that but it only made my face extremely red and burn. The dermatologist also prescribed me medicine for my acne and it isn't working. I have been using the medicine and moisturizer for about 1-2 months.

any help on either subject would be appreciated 

MemberMember
(@destinys1991)

Posted : 02/01/2016 4:16 pm

From a nutritionists perspective I would say the only oral medicine that is worth taking is FOOD! So I tend to say don't waste too much time or put too much emphasis on pills of any kinds, even if it does work one day you'll stop using them or they'll stop manufacturing them and than you're back to square one.

As as for the moisturiser you have to find one that suits your skin. I have two recommendations for you but I think you should go with a moisturiser for sensitive skin first. I have a suggestion on some products that are pH corrective if you're interested

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 02/01/2016 4:48 pm

What type of medicine did he prescribe and what moisturizer do you use? Everybody's skin is different, so what may work miracles for one person, may make your skin worse! I would also follow the suggestion of Destinys1991 and use a moisturizer that is made for sensitive skin. (Also, make sure the moisturizer is non-comedogenic)

Hope this helps!