Notifications
Clear all

Weird scarring or bruise?

MemberMember
(@doctorguy77)

Posted : 01/31/2016 4:38 pm

I had this pimple on face a week ago. I applied Clearasil pads as well as some honey and another acne cream and eventually the skin around the pimple became dark brown (my ethnicity is Indian). I thought it could be a bruise so I then applied wound healing cream (Arnica) and continued to use the Clearasil pads for another 2 days but then the skin around the acne could be peeled off, to reveal the pink flesh underneath. I continued to apply the wound healing cream and Clearasil pads but now, a couple of days later, the skin is turning dark brown again. What's happening?

MemberMember
(@doctorguy77)

Posted : 02/01/2016 5:59 am

Here's some pics:
[Edited link out]
[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 02/01/2016 8:40 am

Looks like hyperpigmentation to me. It's common for people with darker skin. Basically your skin has produced too much melanin after it's been wounded. It can be treated with topical products such as an AHA. It can be persistant though so give it time, and make sure you wear sunscreen.

Keep in mind I'm only saying what I think it is, I'm not an expert. If you're really concerned ask a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@aquaprincess9)

Posted : 02/01/2016 9:11 am

The skin still looks tender. Since its still new it will take max a month i would say since I have also gone through similar stuff. It will turn pink and then brown and then back to normal skin color. Just make sure you exfoliate regularly and use a good moisturizer daily no matter what ur skin type is. Did u try aloe vera? It can help speed up the healing process but u have to be consistent and use it 2 3 times a day or maybe overnight once it dries. Do a patch test ofcourse. Im no expert but have gone through similar stuff so thought i'd help. :) 

MemberMember
(@doctorguy77)

Posted : 02/01/2016 10:23 am

1 hour ago, FriskyCreek said:

Looks like hyperpigmentation to me. It's common for people with darker skin. Basically your skin has produced too much melanin after it's been wounded. It can be treated with topical products such as an AHA. It can be persistant though so give it time, and make sure you wear sunscreen.

Keep in mind I'm only saying what I think it is, I'm not an expert. If you're really concerned ask a dermatologist.

Thanks for the response- do you think I should keep using bio oil, Clearasil rapid action pads or arnicare and would lemon juice be better than them (I'm not sure if I want to spend too much extra money on buying an AHA product)?

MemberMember
(@doctorguy77)

Posted : 02/01/2016 11:16 am

2 hours ago, AquaPrincess9 said:

The skin still looks tender. Since its still new it will take max a month i would say since I have also gone through similar stuff. It will turn pink and then brown and then back to normal skin color. Just make sure you exfoliate regularly and use a good moisturizer daily no matter what ur skin type is. Did u try aloe vera? It can help speed up the healing process but u have to be consistent and use it 2 3 times a day or maybe overnight once it dries. Do a patch test ofcourse. Im no expert but have gone through similar stuff so thought i'd help. :) 

Cheers :) Do you think I should keep using bio oil, Clearasil rapid action pads or arnicare or just get aloe vera gel and apply that? I've heard lemon juice is also good?

MemberMember
(@doctorguy77)

Posted : 02/01/2016 7:19 pm

Hmmm...after using the Clearasil pads (which contain sacylic acid btw), I've managed to peel of the dark layer of skin and the pinkish flesh underneath has been revealed...I'll use some wound cream to see if that prevents the dark patch of skin from coming back again (not sure if that's the right thing to do)

MemberMember
(@aquaprincess9)

Posted : 02/02/2016 2:47 am

Tea tree oil from body shop works best in drying out a pimple or scab. The dark discoloration means its healing just moisturize it well and leave it dont overdry it. You should see changes in 1 2 weeks :) keep us updated once it heals and let us know what worked as well. 

MemberMember
(@doctorguy77)

Posted : 02/02/2016 10:32 am

Ok cheers- this is what it looks like at the moment:
[Edited link out]
[Edited link out]

I'm assuming it's getting better right? Should I just leave it or use wound creams/bio oil? I'd rather not spend any more money atm

MemberMember
(@aquaprincess9)

Posted : 02/02/2016 10:43 am

Yesss ! It has pretty much healed now its just the discoloration which is normal. No worries ! Keep yourself hydrated and moisturized and this skin should be back to ur normal skin color in almost no time. Keep applying aloe vera gel from the plant its cheap and effective and have a diet rich in vitamins A C D and zinc to speed up healing further. Im happy for you !! 🙂