Notifications
Clear all

Acne concentrated on one side of face?

MemberMember
(@non-fictional-fangirl)

Posted : 01/24/2016 12:22 pm

I've struggled with acne all over my face for years, but lately, I've noticed that my left cheek has a lot more pimples than my right cheek.  Ironically, I sleep on my right cheek, so it would make more sense for that side of my face to have more acne, but it doesn't.  Any thoughts or opinions?

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@dani_s)

Posted : 01/24/2016 1:46 pm

I've had that problem and what yours relates to have to do with a couple things. Do you know if your acne is hormonal or not? What have you been using for your acne, oral, topical, or other? One person I saw suggested I had a internal bacterial infection that made one side break out more. Where else do you break out and do you notice it more during certain times like your period?

MemberMember
(@paradiseb)

Posted : 01/24/2016 10:25 pm

I'm having the same exact issue but I'm not sure what is going on

MemberMember
(@serenerefund)

Posted : 01/25/2016 4:13 am

Try not to sleep on left or right side, it may cause wrinkles. You should always sleep straight.

MemberMember
(@non-fictional-fangirl)

Posted : 02/01/2016 12:37 pm

I have acne all the time, and it doesn't seem to be worse on my period, so I don't really know if it's hormonal or not. Especially since it's mostly on my cheeks and not my chin. I'm not allowed to take antibiotics or steroids (my mom wants to do everything natural and avoid a dermatologist no matter what) and since I've been struggling going on 4 years now she's bought me so many products she's pretty much given up on letting me buy more topical treatments. Right now I've just been using kiss my face olive oil and green tea bar soap with the sovereign silver first aid gel. They don't seem to be working. I'm getting a job really soon though and then I'm going to buy my own products. Is there something you specifically recommend me to try? @Ponyo23

@SereneRefundI can't fall asleep unless it's on my side or stomach. Lying on my back makes me really awake and I can't relax.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@destinys1991)

Posted : 02/01/2016 4:08 pm

OnG I used to have the same problem! If you really do want product recommendations I've got an awesome all natural botanical pure and safe line I can suggest and I would also suggest always sleep with a satin pillow case even If it means taking a satin cloth or piece of clothing to put o. The pillow (which I do) as cotton tends to irritate the skin. I tried sleeping on my back but I was close to insomnia like that!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@dani_s)

Posted : 02/04/2016 10:14 am

When acne is really stubborn you typically need the extra oomph of a topical. If your mom prefers you not have antibiotics or steroids you can keep trying the natural routine but you may not have much luck. My mom was the same way and my acne pretty much never improved till I saw a dermatologist. I would ask if you can see one just to find out what type of acne you have. If your acne is hormonal there's always vitamin supplements you can take to try to balance them out. I also found taking daily niacin (the kind that DOES make you flush) can also help. Drink lots of water and green tea. Try to eliminate dairy from your diet. I also find that benzoyl peroxide helps the most (I developed and allergy to it unfortunately). There are alturnatives just keep in mind that depending on how stubborn your acne is they may or may not help. Also how old are you?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 02/04/2016 4:43 pm

I used to get acne on both sides of my face, but, for the last 10 years or so, about 95% must have been on the right hand side.

Some areas of skin are simply more prone to acne for reasons that I doubt we'll ever get to the bottom of.

DeLovely liked