Notifications
Clear all

Good foundation to use on isotretinoin?

MemberMember
(@olive16)

Posted : 01/20/2016 3:29 am

Hello, all!
I am FINALLY starting Accutane tomorrow after battling acne for 10 years! I've done a lottt of research and found many great products to use on your bare face to deal with the crazy dryness and irritation and have bought many of them already in preparation.
The one product I have yet to find any talk about is a good foundation to use on your face while on Accutane. I have been battling acne for 10 years, so for 10 years, I have been wearing full-coverage foundation, concealer, and setting powders to hide my acne. This will obviously continue once I start Accutane because I'm not going in public with my face like this.
So, does anyone have any recommendations for a good hydrating, full-coverage foundation to use while on Accutane?
I'm nervous going into this treatment without having foundation yet. Because while all of the moisturizer/oil/chapstick recommendations were very helpful, I still need a recommendation for foundation and other face makeup, as, realistically, this will be what is on my face most of the time.
Thanks ahead of time!

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 01/20/2016 1:38 pm

My skin never flaked on a high dose of accutane! It itched before I got my moisturizing routine down, but I never had to switch away from my pur minerals foundation! Get a good moisturizer and start right away! I used acne.org. I bought the jojoba but didn't need to add it.

MemberMember
(@valerie1987)

Posted : 01/21/2016 1:02 am

I use neutrogena healthy skin foundation. It's really thick full coverage. But my skin feels super dry when I wear it tho.

MemberMember
(@femaleonaccutane)

Posted : 01/21/2016 2:22 pm

Honestly i add a bit of Josie maran argan oil to my existing foundation routine and it works like a charm