Notifications
Clear all

For The Guys: Facial Hair and Acne

MemberMember
(@sleepyhead93)

Posted : 01/18/2016 8:45 pm

All you dudes out there, I have a question for you. Do you find that having facial hair either helps your acne, or contributes to it? I've noticed when I have more facial hair, my acne isn't as persistent as opposed to when my face is completely bare. What is your experience?

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/18/2016 9:13 pm

Well it could be an optical illusion as the dense the growth the less detailed the surface of the skin. I've always rocked a cleanly shaven face with my limits usually being 48-72 hours without a shave. I go to a barber occasionally for a proper straight edge shave, but other than that stick to a safety razor. They'll cut the shit out of your face the first few times trying it especially if you were a Gillette, Quintuplet, Machined Steel, Chainsaw Fusion .Mach 50 Limited Potato edition blades. Those destroyed my neck usually causing an acute session of mini pimple overpopulation.

When you get a close shave on a consistent basis then it's almost a effective alternative to other exfoliating methods.

And I can't grow a beard without coming off as an aggressive bum with nice pants.

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/18/2016 11:33 pm

10 hours ago, sleepyhead93 said:

All you dudes out there, I have a question for you. Do you find that having facial hair either helps your acne, or contributes to it? I've noticed when I have more facial hair, my acne isn't as persistent as opposed to when my face is completely bare. What is your experience?

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 01/19/2016 6:56 am

I find when I let my stubble grow I tend to develop more pimples.

however, I used to find that shaving with a blade just destroyed my face and I would develop SO many new breakouts - until I changed to an electric razor. Now those places I used to breakout horribly never break out - and it's obviously because of the irritation.

if you're finding that shaving is causing you pimples, I really recommend switching to an electic

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/19/2016 11:10 am

4 hours ago, Lore91 said:

I find when I let my stubble grow I tend to develop more pimples.

however, I used to find that shaving with a blade just destroyed my face and I would develop SO many new breakouts - until I changed to an electric razor. Now those places I used to breakout horribly never break out - and it's obviously because of the irritation.

if you're finding that shaving is causing you pimples, I really recommend switching to an electic

I occasionally use an electric razor, but my facial hair's compass was not working when it originally grew in. I have to change directions when I shave that I've given in and I visit a barbor on a weekly basis. I looked a measles patient as a preteen trying to shave. Practically left the bathroom with my face mummified in toilet paper.

MemberMember
(@pintador)

Posted : 01/19/2016 6:48 pm

i find that beard equals pimples. i have a theory behind this: dirt and particles and shit gets stuck in the facial hair and crawls down hair and clogs the pore. having facial hair gives the dirt a chance to get stuck on your face.
when shaving with a manual razor i get the sensation that it removes shit from my faces and leaves it somehow clean and exfoliated

i always shave in the shower using a manual razor, mach 3 blades and shaving foam. this works well ror me