Notifications
Clear all

11 years and counting

MemberMember
(@twinkleduck96)

Posted : 01/18/2016 1:30 pm

Hi there, I've had acne for 11 years, not just on my face back my back and hairline as well. From the age of 9, now I'm 20. I've used many different products, different medications, I've seen my GP and nothing's working. It got better for about a year and now it's really bad again. I've seen my GP, my pharmacist, beauty therapist(s). I haven't seen a dermatologist because my GP won't refer me. I've tried all sorts of home remedies. The pillow case thing, washing more/less. I've tried no dairy. More sun and less sun. Literally almost everything! Where do I go from here? I've spent more than half my life battling acne and it's staring to get me really down.
Thanks
Abi

MemberMember
(@ben100604)

Posted : 01/18/2016 2:28 pm

Try seeing a different doctor to see if they'll refer you. Unless you've only got about 3 or 4 spots they shouldn't really refuse to send you to see one if you're not responding to medication.

The only other option you have is asking if you can be referred privately, but that's going to be expensive especially if you're looking to go on Accutane.