Notifications
Clear all

Bloodwork and Cholesterol on accutane

MemberMember
(@jones4545)

Posted : 01/08/2016 2:04 pm

So quick topic. I want to take some supplements to aid my body throught my course. Possible curb some of the side effects. (not vit A of course)

Also, my initial blood test showed that my LDL cholesterol was a little high. How should I go about lowering this so I can stay on the course? Trying to take pills with high fat meals 20g minimum.

MemberMember
(@acnehardcase)

Posted : 01/08/2016 7:42 pm

Lose weight. More cardio exercise. Limit red meat and processed meats like bacon, cold cuts, and hot dogs. Or statins like Lipitor. I don't think much of supplements. Short term elevated cholesterol isn't much to lose sleep over.

MemberMember
(@jones4545)

Posted : 01/08/2016 9:59 pm

2 hours ago, acnehardcase said:

Lose weight. More cardio exercise. Limit red meat and processed meats like bacon, cold cuts, and hot dogs. Or statins like Lipitor. I don't think much of supplements. Short term elevated cholesterol isn't much to lose sleep over.

Thanks for the reply. I can't lose much more weight to be honest, I'm a pretty fit guy. I went paleo about 3 months ago hoping for it to help my acne, but it did very little. In the past 3 months my cholesterol levels have increased so I want to stop that trend.