Notifications
Clear all

Came off the pill, now hormonal acne all the time!

MemberMember
(@titanicfiber)

Posted : 01/06/2016 7:47 am

I am a 28 year old female and came off the pill 5 months ago to try to get pregnant. Since then, i have developed acne on my forehead and chin very badly. It's at it's worst the week of and after my period then subsides slightly, but never goes away. I came off the pill 3 years ago to give my body a break and experienced the same thing. I went on accutane twice and it helped only during the time I was on it, then my acne came back. I went back on the pill after this and it got better. But here I am back to square one. Now that I am trying to conceive with my husband, going on accutaine or birth control are no longer an option. I have ordered the acne regeime and it should arrive in a couple weeks. Hoping/ praying it works!!! In the mean time, I am trying more natural remedies such a essential oils in natural face wash. This is incredibly difficult to manage because I seem to be the only one of my friends and co workers with acne and it feels so childish! It has taken a major toll on my self esteem.

Here's to hoping this "acne regeime" works!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/09/2016 1:14 pm

On 1/6/2016, 721, TitanicFiber said:

I am a 28 year old female and came off the pill 5 months ago to try to get pregnant. Since then, i have developed acne on my forehead and chin very badly. It's at it's worst the week of and after my period then subsides slightly, but never goes away. I came off the pill 3 years ago to give my body a break and experienced the same thing. I went on accutane twice and it helped only during the time I was on it, then my acne came back. I went back on the pill after this and it got better. But here I am back to square one. Now that I am trying to conceive with my husband, going on accutaine or birth control are no longer an option. I have ordered the acne regeime and it should arrive in a couple weeks. Hoping/ praying it works!!! In the mean time, I am trying more natural remedies such a essential oils in natural face wash. This is incredibly difficult to manage because I seem to be the only one of my friends and co workers with acne and it feels so childish! It has taken a major toll on my self esteem.

Here's to hoping this "acne regeime" works!

It's normal to break out after going off the pill. That's because your body doesn't know how to balance itself naturally without synthetic hormones. You have to give it some time.
What helped me bounce back when I went off birthcontrol years ago was evening primrose oil combined with agnus castus/ chaste berry (which happens to be a fertility herb too). Visit a good integrative doctor or naturopath or acupuncturist for advice.

MemberMember
(@gingerbaby)

Posted : 01/10/2016 4:34 pm

I am going through a similar situation. I went off the pill, not to conceive but because life got crazy and I wasn't able to pick up my prescription one month, then the next it ran out so I had to go back to the gyno to get it renewed. Now I'm having to wait a 3rd month for my period to come back to start back up, & my acne has been flaring up like crazy. I'm 25 and feel your pains of being the only one of my 20-something group of friends and classmates who still has acne! It's the worst on my neck/jaw line and very embarrassing. I can fortunately go back on the pill so your experience in the past gives me hope. For once I really can't wait for my period to get here! Ha.

I hope the essential oils help you; those natural products combined w/ the acne regimen seem like a good idea. I've been using tea tree oil myself. Let us know how it works out! I am dreading going through this again when my time comes to try and conceive. At least you know, the end product of all this hassle will be worth it!! Good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@eri-berry)

Posted : 01/10/2016 9:49 pm

I am a 30 year old, just started my "acne regime" today... As well as you girls I came off the pill around 6 months ago, I have been diagnosed PCOS and we want to start our family with my husband, so it seems really a hard one. I can't remember how my skin was without acne, I might of been 14 years old when it all started and just three years ago after trying everything finally my doctors hit the pot with my PCOS... Every treatment so far has got a sweet spot and a really dark corner, but no matter what every time I stop, my old bad friend acne is back for more... I feel your pain and understand you very well, I also really hope this treatment works, let's keep positive and do the regime ritual like clockwork!

All the best to all!!

MemberMember
(@titanicfiber)

Posted : 01/11/2016 10:11 am

On 1/9/2016, 249, WishClean said:
It's normal to break out after going off the pill. That's because your body doesn't know how to balance itself naturally without synthetic hormones. You have to give it some time.
What helped me bounce back when I went off birthcontrol years ago was evening primrose oil combined with agnus castus/ chaste berry (which happens to be a fertility herb too). Visit a good integrative doctor or naturopath or acupuncturist for advice.

My fear is that my hormonal acne won't ever go away...I have heard horror stories about it not going away after years of being off the pill. What exactly are evening primrose oil and agnus castus, are they pills or both oils?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 05/25/2016 8:15 pm

On 1/10/2016 at 10:11 AM, TitanicFiber said:
On 1/8/2016 at 1:14 PM, WishClean said:

My fear is that my hormonal acne won't ever go away...I have heard horror stories about it not going away after years of being off the pill. What exactly are evening primrose oil and agnus castus, are they pills or both oils?

hey. Agnus castus or bites is a supplement or pill. Evening primrose oil ypu can take internally or apply externally. Both are supposed to help acne.
I feel you I think I'll spend my entire adult life on and off birth control pulls...yeah it blows.